Who's Yer Daddy Now??

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
marscan
Regular Contributor

Who's Yer Daddy Now??

Postby marscan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:07 am

Yesssssssssssssssssss....!! My 90 days came and went, and I can now celebrate being C-Diff free. I truly AM one of the cases that did heal with 2 rounds of meds, and I would have never believed it when first diagnosed. WE DO EXIST!!!! My heart goes out to those that have had, or are still having longer bouts - I almost feel guilty. But folks newly diagnosed need to know, however that the odds really ARE in your favor. I will be forever grateful to this site and all of you for your support - you have been my lifeline throughout. Even a so-called "mild" case of C Diff is as ill as I ever want to be. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you and your battles with this horrible beast.

Marla

***Clindamycin/Ammoxycillan/Omnicef/Hospitalized and misdiagnosed gven Cipro/re-hospitalized and finally diagnosed. Flagyl (failed)/Vanco/Vanco Taper w/Florastor***
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:35 am

Awesome for you Marla. You have been a real support and I wish you all wonderful things for your future. Thanks for your caring words over the months, they were appreciated. I do wish I was on the same journey of healing as you but it looks like I have a while to go yet. Take care and go enjoy life!!

ClDif
Regular Contributor

Postby ClDif » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:01 pm

Way to go Marla!! Very happy for you!!

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:00 pm

Marla,

I am so happy for you!! You have been a great support to alot of people on here I hope that you continue to post.

P.S. I never realized this but, you dont live to far away from me (I live in Toledo) :o)
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:04 pm

Way to goooo!!!!!!!!!!! Its a great feeling to get rid of the beast.

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks all! That was the most difficult post to make on this board - I think we are all afraid to say "out loud" we're healed after relapsing..ughh. I'll continue to post and leave my email on the site though, just in case I can offer help to anyone in the future - and feel free to just stay in contact! Fingers crossed for all of you, and thanks so much for all of the kind words.

Marla

p.s. Heather - we actually shop at your malls in Toledo, we have none here in the boonies...lol.
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:38 pm

Marla,
Congrats. & pls. keep in touch on the site to encourage others & demonstrate that this awful disease can be beaten.

Since antibiotics contributed to your C. diff., be careful about taking them again. See FAQ-Antibiotics. Many people who had C. diff. in the past are at increased risk of developing it again. Some can tolerate antiobiotics, but the"lesser broad spectrum" ones are usually safter. Docs. often go for "the big guns" right away. If you need antibiotics again, be sure they are necessary.

Again, congrats.
Last edited by Bobbie on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whitepine
Regular Contributor

Postby whitepine » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:29 pm

The title of this post is bloody hilarious! Glad to hear you're beating the beast! Keep up the fight! :)

Return to “Success Stories”