Cured Twice

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
slechner7
Brand New Poster

Cured Twice

Postby slechner7 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:02 pm

I had c-diff fourteen years ago following the birth of my second child. I lost 30 lbs in two weeks and was eventually cured by vancomycin.

This past Christmas, I was given antibiotics for a spider bite and guess what? I had c-diff again. I was given two rounds of flagyl followed by ten days of vancomycin. At one point, I would go to the bathroom 40 times a day. Sometimes I would only have yellow mucous. Anyway, I started taking probiotics, the 49 billion strength per capsule that have to be refrigerated and I am feeling pretty much back to normal. I am avoiding soft drinks, cheese and other dairy but I really feel much better and even went on vacation a couple of weeks ago and was able to hike and go on several long day trips. Please don't give up if you have it. If I can be cured twice, you can beat this at least once. Good luck to all of you. My prayers are with you.

Frascati
Brand New Poster

Probiotic

Postby Frascati » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi, Slechner7,

Your story is encouraging -- thanks! Could you let me know the name of the probiotic (49 billion w refrigeration) that you mentioned?

slechner7
Brand New Poster

Postby slechner7 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:36 pm

the probiotic is made by Udo's and is available at GNC in Canada. In the U.S., they sell it, but it is not as strong a dose and not refrigerated. Good luck

Return to “Success Stories”