Jill's Daughter

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
jill wirfs
New User

Postby jill wirfs » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:51 pm

A few months back I told the story of my 19 year old daughter with cdiff. She was diagnosised with cdiff in first part of July. She was on 2 courses of flagyl and tapering dose of vanco. During this time she was never back to "normal" and also was on florastor. Well over Christmas her started having mucus and rectal bleeding and had a Colonoscopy. Which showed she had an infection but also possiblecolitis, questionable ulcerative colitis. she was restarted on another course of vanco and started on a colitis medication. Well after being on the medication for 2 weeks she now longer has diarrhea ( going once per day and formed) and is feeling great. She is still on vanco just once a day soon to be discontinued and the colitis medication. This feels like a miracle because she had been ill for 7 months. I just want to say thank God for this web site. Though when I first read some of the horror stories I thought we would never get through this. But with everyone's support and information we did get through this. The most important part was the success stories. Hearing their stories gave me hope. That is why I have to tell my story. I know it is early but I believe we are finally beating the beast and I want others to know they will beat it too. Believe and stay strong may God be with all you angels that helped me through this.
jill

jill wirfs
New User

Postby jill wirfs » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:06 pm

I just wanted to give a success story on my daughter. She is 19 and was diagnosised with cdiff in early July. She went through 2 courses of flagyl and a tapering dose of vanco. She finished the vanco at Thanksgiving. During this time she was not back to normal having 3-4 loose stools per day. At Christmas she was having mucus and blood and underwent a colonoscopy. The colonoscopy showed possible infection, possible colitis(ulcerative coitis). she was started on another course of vanco and was started on a colitis medication. 2 weeks into the treatment she started to have formed stools daily and no more diarrhea. She is still on vanco daily,decreasing dose and the cdiff medication but it is now 6 weeks with being "normal". I now it is early but I think we have finally got the upper hand on the beast. I thank God for this web site for the information and encouraged I received. I know at first reading some of the postings were scary, but then I would read the success stories and know there was a light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you all for all your support and I want others to know there is hope and will keep you posted on her recovery. Thank you all ,you have been like angels that I can not see but know you are there. For those you going through this keep the faith and believe you too will get through this.
jill

Return to “Success Stories”