YAHOOOOO!!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
carrie
Regular Contributor

YAHOOOOO!!

Postby carrie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:53 pm

Well 90 days have come and gone and it appears so has C-diff. I've had a few good scares and and few question marks where I'm left going "what the heck was that all about?" The toughest days came after a colonoscopy 3 weeks post vanco, and January and February around mensturation. My GI tract is healing slowly and I'm slowly adding in a few new foods with some successes. Some days I feel fantastic, some I feel okay and a small percentage I still feel rotten. I'm back to work full-time and managing that just fine. I still have not had coffee, salads, alcohol and my favorite a run. I walk daily, yoga weekly and jump on the stationary bike for a bit of a ride a couple times a week. One of the best part is that my teenagers are having their friends over regularly and the hot tub is busy again. It's nice to have my life back. Some times I wake up in the morning feeling anxious but once I'm out the door and busy with my day it is forgotten. I feel some worry for the future but as I get busier it is easier to deal with. I'm making plans for camping this summer and seeing my daughter off to Australia this weekend(she was going to cancel if I was still sick). To all of you still fighting or counting keep going and show this bug who's stronger. Be easy on yourself cuz c-diff really makes a person feel lousy, but do push yourself to do something because it will help your mind cope with the tough parts. I was on antibiotics for 5 months, did the florastor and VSL#3 after starting Vanco - first did 3 rounds of Metro. The 2 and 3 month were the toughest. Lost about 15lbs. but I've gained about 12 back. The lack of knowledge out there was shocking but my physician was grateful for every article I brought him so hopefully it will help others in the future. Hang in there and soon you will be saying good bye to C-diff. and moving on with your life and a new perspective.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:36 pm

carrie,
Congratulations on beating the beast! That's wonderful. Hurray! It's so good to hear. I really appreciate your posting your success story.

marscan
Regular Contributor

Postby marscan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:05 am

Congratulations Carrie! All my thanks and best wishes to one of my countdown buddies - you've helped me thru this more than you know. Here's to only getting better from here!

Marla
"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac....."

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:03 am

A big thank you to all of you who have helped me get through this unexpected journey. To those who sent me information thank you so much, I will keep it near for future reference.
To everyone who answered my questions, offered encouragement and provided some insight I'm grateful for each and every entry you made and for the dedication of the few who write and respond over extended periods of time a huge bouquet to you all, your quite a team. I know I'm not done posting but hopefully it will be more to help others and fewer questions for myself.
Marla I'll be watching for your success story posting, A thank you back to you for your positive attitude - it really does make a difference to read words of encouragement and humor.

Return to “Success Stories”