1 week post infusion RELIEF!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
RESORT
Brand New Poster

1 week post infusion RELIEF!

Postby RESORT » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:55 pm

Hello to everyone, 1 week after infusion I am doing great. I have had my first meals that I was actually hungry and looking forward to. I have had this for 2 1/2 years plus, lost 35 lbs. The Doctor & I agree all is going very well. Just wish the Medical community would let go of their squemish attitudes & insulting comments & refuse to work with those that know what to do, when you have such a disgusting & painful condition. I was on Flagyl & Cipro & am suffering neuro adverse reactions to both. I am now told that it may take 2 years and some may never go away. My left leg is numb from knee down, arms, hands, face are all numb. The adverse reactions are all listed but no one ever told me about them & how severe they would or could get. The month & 1/2 of Vancomycin cost a small fortune.
I have no hesitation to have the infusion again if it should happen to reoccur. This Doctor that did it has a very good track record. If you need more info write a personal e-mail.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:07 am

resort,
Glad you are feeling better. Why Cipro? Is considered a "cause" not a cure for C. diff. (See FAQ-Antibiotics.)

Hope the neuropathy goes away -- fairly common with Flagyl.

pattibb
New User

Postby pattibb » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:55 am

wonderful news. glad to hear you're doing better.

RESORT
Brand New Poster

Re: 1 week post infusion RELIEF!

Postby RESORT » Wed Nov 09, 2011 2:47 am

Hello all in this group,
I am going on four years, doing very well. Have only a few foods that I cannot have, Dark greens, mayonaze, whole wheat / rye breads, corn, french fries, processed meats of any kind, Pop of any kind, too many preservatives. I eat only french breads, toasted, no problems. I feel so good I have energy that did not for many years. All the people that have the "poopoo attitude" are missing out on life. There is good life after C.-Diff. Have a good day, they are hard to come by when C.Diff calls! Dave

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:53 am

Hi, Dave,
I remember you. Glad you are doing well. Thanks for posting. Wish more of our success stories would take the time to do so to encourage others.

Thanks again.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:58 am

Dave, Did your neuropathy go away also. I would like to think there is hope for that to subside also.
CAROL

kimmies
Regular User

Postby kimmies » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Congratulations on your recovery Dave. Thank you for posting your success story to offer encouragement to others.

bback12
Regular Contributor

Postby bback12 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:17 pm

Hello! Resort I have a question for you,
When you got your transfer done, did you have to stay overnight in a hospital or anything like that? Were you on a diet of any kind after the infusion?

I'm so glad you hear everything is going great!

Return to “Success Stories”