C. diff free for a year!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Timaca
Regular Contributor

C. diff free for a year!

Postby Timaca » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:48 pm

Hi all~ I want to thank you for your support while I was suffering with C. diff. I had it for 11 months.

I tried all kinds of vanco, high dose, tapered, pulsed, nothing worked. I never tried Flagyl, as I have peripheral neuropathies from lyme and didn't want to aggravate that.

What finally kicked the C. diff in me was the "Rifaximin Chaser" I took 2 weeks of oral vanco (250 mg tid) followed by 2 weeks of Rifaximin (200 mg tid). I went off that at Thanksgiving of 2006 and have been C. diff free ever since.

I even have been on minocycline for lyme disease AND exposed to my father in law and his room-mate (in a care facility)...and they both had C. diff!!! I was SO glad to not get it...and believe me I was very exposed, and had a compromised GI tract due to the antibiotics!

I hope to never get C. diff again.

Best wishes for your full recovery,
Timaca

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:28 pm

Thx., Timica for posting your Success Story. Glad you finally "beat the beast." Good luck with your Lyme's Disease. You had enough strange diseases. Glad the site was helpful.

All of us fear getting C. diff. again. Keep washing your hands!

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:41 pm

Timica,
Congrats!!!! It feels good to get rid of it doesn't it.. :) .. Great news!

whitepine
Regular Contributor

Postby whitepine » Sat Nov 24, 2007 7:37 pm

Great to hear Timaca,
Best wishes to you on your Lyme treatment and c.diff freedom!!!
Very encouraging! Thanks for the happy post.

Return to “Success Stories”