There is Hope!!!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
suttsd2
New User

There is Hope!!!

Postby suttsd2 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:19 pm

Just wanted to let everyone know to keep your chin up. I have been C Diff freel since July and hopefully it will never return but I will take it one day at a time. Of course there are still good days and bad days and I do still watch what I eat. I just never thought I would be writing in this section and here I am, so my thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone one of you and to let you know there is hope and to not give up and most of all just take it one day at a time things will get better just keep your chin up : )

Stephanie

Jodie
Regular Contributor

Postby Jodie » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:32 pm

How long did you have it? And what prescriptions were you on?

Jodie

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:41 pm

suttsd2,
Glad you are better & thx. for posting. It gives others so much encouragement!

Stay well. If antibiotics contributed to your C. diff., be careful about taking them again. Some people can; some can't. Sometimes they are necessary & sometimes not. Catch 22!

Good luck.

suttsd2
New User

There is Hope!!!

Postby suttsd2 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:01 am

I got cdiff in Mayof this year (2007) but put if off for so long thinking it was a stomach bug until finally went to my doctor and gave a culture which came back pos. for cdiff. At first he put me on flagyl, but a few days later I was so sick and dehydrated, I was put in the hospital for 6 days, at that time I was taking both flagyl and vanco. The combo kicked it out. I have also had to have a colonscopy (never thought I would be having that at 33) but glad the doctor was so cautious after everything I had been through (also lost 25 lbs). I know I haven't battled cdiff as long as most and I thank God everyday I am one of the lucky ones and pray for all of you that your battle will be over soon too.

Stephanie

Return to “Success Stories”