Long time...NO C-Diff

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
prairierose
Contributor

Long time...NO C-Diff

Postby prairierose » Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:40 pm

Hello everyone,

I've missed you guys!
It's been a while since I last wrote. I went through a miscarriage and needed a bit of time away, but I'm back and will try and check in as much as I can.

So I am now 13 months C diff free. I had my gallbladder removed in July and just about died (not literally) from the stress of wondering if I would get a complication. I'm happy to say that it went well and my wonderful surgeon did the operation sans any antibiotics. Alot of my post-cdiff nausea and bowel problems were totally related to that damn gallbladder. When they removed it apparently it was "chronically inflamed and full of stones" and was at a risk of rupturing so it is very good that I had it out!
So anyways, I still live in fear of the day when I need another antibiotic, but that day will come and I will just have to deal with it.
For all of those poor souls still suffering with C diff: My heart goes out to you all. You will beat it. I fought for over a year and was fortunate enough to have a great ID doctor and great support from my AMAZING husband. It was the worst time ever for me, but I know that I got through it and I can get through more tough times.
My little daughter is growing up fast. She will be three soon and she has also been C diff free for almost two years!
We still faithfully take probiotics. I'm now using Bio-k and Natural Factor's Women's Probiotic.
Cdiff devastated my husband and I financially. We are currently starting bankruptcy proceedings (no joke) so that's a bit tough right now.
I will check back in with you guys soon and help where I can.
Thanks to this site and all the moderators for there support, encouragement and compassion.
prairierose

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:25 pm

Prairierose,
I am soooo sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I hope you are ok and keep strong. I am soo happy for you that you and your daughter are c diff free.... That is great news.. I know that is a huge burden to be relieved of!!!!! Please stay healthy..

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:00 pm

Prairie Rose,
It's good to hear from you -- wondered how you were doing.

I am so sorry about your miscarriage. They are not fun -- I lost two babies years ago.

Glad you and your daughter are doing well -- except financially. C. diff. can be expensive in many ways.

Glad the site helped. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing.

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:21 am

Prarie,
Despite all that you have been through/are going through you have always been an inspiration to me and once again you came out ahead. It always seemed that we were on the same paths at the same time with out C-diff journey and I always looked forward to seeing how you were doing everyday when you would post.
We have both made it and we are stronger than ever now. Ready to face what may lie ahead. I am truly happy that things are getting back on track for you and that you can enjoy your beautiful family. Life can be hard but we are proof that you can prevail.

I wish you all the best and look forward to your healthy updates.

Christina

prairierose
Contributor

Postby prairierose » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:50 pm

Aw...thanks Christina. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I am glad you too beat this and I wish you continued good health.
I think YOU are the inspiration and I totally admire your continued work helping others on this site.
Thanks for your kind words.

All the best to you and your family.
Prairierose
Cdiff 1 year. Flagyl then MANY rounds of Vanco with Questran/ Rifampin/Fusidin. Finally two Fecal transplants and currently 13 months C Diff free! :)

Return to “Success Stories”