Doing better!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Judy M.
Regular User

Doing better!

Postby Judy M. » Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:59 pm

Just a quick note to thank everyone here for the information and support I was able to find during my bout with C. diff colitis. After ten days on Flagyl, I relapsed . . . and took Flagyl and Vanco for four weeks and then took Vanco every other day for another 24 days. (Part of the timing decision was based on the doctor's knowledge that we had to fly to Florida for our closing and then two weeks later drive down for the move.) My last dose of Vanco was on the day I went to see my new GI doctor here in Jacksonville.

I've been okay for 2 1/2 weeks now. I realize that "it ain't over till it's over," but I'm hopeful that I'm off to a good start. I'm at higher risk because I already relapsed once . . . and I'm on Prevacid. Time will tell!

Again, thanks for being here . . .
Judy M.
Albany, NY

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:28 am

Judy M,
Glad the site was helpful. Continued good luck in your recovery.

Judy M.
Regular User

Postby Judy M. » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:18 pm

Thanks, Bobbie! I will certainly recommend this support group to anyone who is suffering from C. diff.
Judy M.
Albany, NY

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:57 pm

Judy,
Wishing you lots of luck and health

Judy M.
Regular User

Postby Judy M. » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:26 am

Thanks, Diane!

I forgot to mention that I also took (and am still taking!) probiotics, including Activia. I'm back on dairy, which isn't bothering me any more than it ever did. I can't overdo dairy but am able to enjoy small amounts at a time. The probiotics aren't changng my IBS "pattern" as I had hoped they might -- perhaps I won't be taking probiotics forever?????
Judy M.
Albany, NY

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:54 am

Sounds like things are looking up!!!

Return to “Success Stories”