over hopefully for good

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
miznetty

over hopefully for good

Postby miznetty » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:35 pm

I had c-diff for over a month. It started with an antibiotic called Clindamycin. After five days, I started in with all the symptoms of c-diff. I went through 2 rounds of Flagyl, 10 days each, 1500 mgs a day. I think what helped me was going to a naturopathic doctor. She put me on a strict diet: No dairy products (except yogurt), no caffene, alcohol, fried foods, raw veggies or fruit, she also said white rice is better than brown. She prescribed probiotics for me: Florastor, acidophilus, plus multivitamin, garlic pills (natural fighter of infection) and vitamin E (heals the lining of the colon) and a tea called Intestine Repair complex that I drank twice a day. I think this combination has helped me get over the c-diff. I have been feeling good for 15 days now. I will continue the diet for at least 2 more months. I will take the probiotics for good now. She also recommended, Kefir, a yogurt drink with over 10 probiotics in it. I have only found it at one health food store. I tried a sip of wine and my belly ached, so no more of that. My bowel movements are formed and looking almost normal. I hope someone can get use out of this information and pray for everyone that is continuing to fight this!

supersmurf
Contributor

Postby supersmurf » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:17 pm

Congrats Miznetty,

Glad to hear that the naturopathic Dr. helped you out with beating this bug - naturopaths helped me to beat this monster as well. Do be careful about antibiotics in the future - see your naturopath first if you think you need one - there are so many things they can treat, including colds and other infections without antibiotics.

Supersmurf

Return to “Success Stories”