MOVED FROM ANOTHER FORUM - Sue

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

MOVED FROM ANOTHER FORUM - Sue

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 02, 2007 1:51 am

Sue
Posted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:57 pm Post subject: Gall Bladder Surgery with no antibiotics & no c-diff :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just had to post to give a little hope to those of you battling this nasty disease...
I have had c-diff 3 separate times - 2000, 2001, 2004 - lasting between 8 and 14 months each time. Recently I started having gall bladder attacks & my greatest fear came true. I needed surgery to remove my gall bladder. The first thing that went through my mind was - surgery = antibiotics=c-diff. I had a great surgeon who was willing to do my laprascopic surgery without antibiotics. He also "fast-tracked" my surgery & got me in and out within a day. It has been more than 3 weeks and I haven't had any infections. I am still knocking on wood, praying and keeping everything crossed - but for now, I'm feeling good.
C-diff will always be a fear in the back of my mind - but for now it can stay there. I hope that some of you who are in the midst of the battle can find some hope in my story.

Return to “Success Stories”