14 months later, it's gone.

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
jskvt
Regular User

14 months later, it's gone.

Postby jskvt » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:56 pm

I'm finally free of it, after two rounds of Flagyl, countless rounds of Vanco, hundreds of Culturelle and Florastor pills, and gallons of kefir and yogurt.

There's more information under my user name in the Case Histories section.

The Success Stories section really kept my hopes alive over the past 14 months, and I hope my experience and ultimate success will do the same for many of you still suffering with this. My thoughts are with you.

This CAN be beat. I never thought I'd believe Bobbi and Lauren and everyone else when they said that, but now I know it's true.

Please feel free to message me with any specific questions, I'd be happy to speak with anyone about what I went through. Thank you for all of your support and help over the last year, I couldn't have done it without all of you.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:16 pm

Yea!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Sheila1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Sheila1 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 6:00 am

Congrats Julian!! Now you can actually (safely) stop for awhile and smell the roses - just in time for a beautiful spring and summer - enjoy!!
~Sheila

Nan
Regular Contributor

Postby Nan » Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:59 pm

Congratulations, Way to go!

Martin
Brand New Poster

Postby Martin » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:03 pm

l am new to this website. I have had cdiff for three months, caused by a antibiotic called Keflex which l was given when recuperating from a broken hip while in a rehab center. I was on Flagyl four times each time the cdiff came back. l was hospitalized for five days and was put on vancomycin along with Cholestyramine to help bulk the stools ad it still came back. l was told not to eat dairy products, is there anything else l should stay away from. l am very discouraged with this and l feel hopeless about getting better, and l just don't know where to turn. l would appreciate some feedback. I have heard very good things about your support group.

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:12 pm

Martin,

Why don't you repost this in "Questions about Closstridium Difficile" by hitting the "new topic" tab. I'm sure you'll hear from people tout de suite.

Martin
Brand New Poster

Postby Martin » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:48 pm

l am new to this website. I have had cdiff for three months, caused by a antibiotic called Keflex which l was given when recuperating from a broken hip while in a rehab center. I was on Flagyl four times each time the cdiff came back. l was hospitalized for five days and was put on vancomycin along with Cholestyramine to help bulk the stools and it still came back. l was told not to eat dairy products, is there anything else l should stay away from. l am very discouraged with this and l feel hopeless about getting better, and l just don't know where to turn. l would appreciate some feedback. I have heard very good things about your support group.

feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:59 pm

Maybe I wasn't very clear. Not to worry. Click on the "cdiffsupport.com Forum Index" line in blue at the top of the page. Then look through the list of topics for the heading "Questions about Closstridium Difficile" and click on that. Then click on "new topic" and post what you've written there. Best of luck. You'll figure it out and you will get help here.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:07 am

Martin, someone will post your message in the proper place. I'm sure they'll tell you where it went, so you can go back and look at the responses. Most likely will go in "Questions about Closstridium Difficile", as Feelinghopeful suggested.

Most people at this point would be tapering/pulsing, if you're not already. I was told no dairy, fat, raw veggies, red meat and little sugar. Caffiene is also not good during active C-Diff.

I know I keep repeating myself on here, but if this was happening to me, I'd find a doctor to perform a fecal infusion. You've gone through a lot of antibiotics along with the Cholestyramine. What is your doctor recommending now? Are you seeing an Infectious Disease doc? If not, you really need one! Are you currently on vanco?

Have you tried any probiotics? Some say they help, some say they don't. I feel they were/are helpful to me. Can you eat yogurt?

Would really be interested to know where you're at regarding a treatment plan right now. There are so many of us who have recovered and you will, too...is obviously more difficult for you than some, but eventually people do find something that works. It can take a WHILE.

Please let us know what your doctor is suggesting now.

Wishing you the best,

Karen

Return to “Success Stories”