I think I made it!!!!!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
diane
Long Time Contributor

I think I made it!!!!!

Postby diane » Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 am

Well everyone I can 't believe today is 90 days!!! I 've been worried the last couple weeks because I"ve been expierancing terrible gas. But I guess it is just something I will deal with for now till I figure out if i"m going to need to take gas x awhile or maybe benefiber or something. I ate a slice of pure heaven last week (pizza) and it was sooooo good. It was my first one in 3 years.. I loved it and actually ate 5 pieces . It stayed in and all was good. I think I will wait till summer and maybe try an ice cream cone! We'll see. I want to thank everyone for being here for me especially at the beginning when I never heard of c diff. I truly am greatful to all of you. I will post here forever to try and help when I can. I hope I can stay healthy (although I still have leg aches) I guess its from the c diff. 3 Long years was rough for me. I hope this is the end and I can start to live more normal and not worry all the time. Will I still worry? OH YES but my mind can be alittle more at ease!

supersmurf
Contributor

Postby supersmurf » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:16 am

yeah Diane!!! Congratulations.

That is so woderful that you have reached the 90 day mark!! I hope you continue to improve each and every day.
All the best,
Supersmurf

Nan
Regular Contributor

Postby Nan » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

Yippee! Congratulations Diane! Way to go!

Just to let you know that you are one of my inspirations here, helping me in my long battle.

Nan

nsewell
Long Time Contributor

Postby nsewell » Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:35 pm

5 pieces!! Way to go! I too eat pizza once in awhile but not often I have trouble with dairy now. Way to go on your succes of beating c-diff!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Diane,
Yippee for you. Keep eating that pizza. You are one of our true success stories. You kept trying new things, supported others, and were remarkably cheerful & "unwhiney."

We are so proud of you!!!!! Enjoy!

prairierose
Contributor

Postby prairierose » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:55 pm

Congrats Diane!
3 years is too long! Congrats on a battle well fought!
All the best to you,
Prairierose
Cdiff 1 year. Flagyl then MANY rounds of Vanco with Questran/ Rifampin/Fusidin. Finally two Fecal transplants and currently 13 months C Diff free! :)

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:29 pm

YEAH!!! I am so happy for you :0) As long as you feel good keep eating that pizza girl, you deserve it!!!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:23 pm

Thank you everyone!!!! YOu guys are awesome!:) I have to say this sight got me through 3 years without it would of been alot rougher. I can't believe I finally made it after trying everything. I even went as far as eating a yeast cake asmy doctor suggested.. YUCK!! that was gross and it didn't work..lol.. but I tried it. I hope this shows everyone who is down and thinking oh geez it will never go away that it will. Keep your chins up and think positive. I always tried to think that it could be worse... even though 20 times a day was rough but I was still mobile.. Thank you Bobbie, I am greatful to you and Lauren for doing such a great job and having this site. There have been a few people who have helped me . I will still post here and am here if anyone just wants to talk........ Today I think it really hit me that I am free for now and hope to stay that way! I had pizza again tonight..lol

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:17 am

Diane,
Thank you for helping others & for being a "model" poster.

Enjoy that pizza! Then on to ice cream!

Tammy
Contributor

Postby Tammy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:44 am

Congrats!
Glad you are better,you were sick a long time.
Tammy
Tammy

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:55 pm

Thanks Tammy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been a long time...

Return to “Success Stories”