hopefully over???

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
marlboro8425
New User

hopefully over???

Postby marlboro8425 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:10 am

i went through what i thought was a brutal case of c-diff. after reading everyones stories on here and conversing with some, i was a little more optimistic when coming home from the hospital. previously, i was a healthy 29 yrd old male and i never found out where or who or what i contacted this nasty virus from. i lost close to 35lbs in the 1 month i had it worst. i have been vanco-free since the end over november and after some cautious eating habits in the weeks following i finally "almost" feel normal again. i would say now, a little more than 4 months later, i am about 90% healthy and have resumed eating everything i have in the past, including a tiny dose of fried foods. i am still somewhat cautious as to what i eat as my stomach rumbles from time to time. but i have not had 1 single battle of D or anything and just wanted to post this to let people know if it helps anyone. on a final note, i would like to thank this site for everything it did for me. at a time where i thought i was alone in this battle simply because nobody i talked to ever heard of it, i found this site and was greatly helped just by reading alot of the posts in here. it also relieved alot of my stress about what exactly c-diff is, which i believe helped me in recovery too. i also want to thank the few people i have talked to in private about this. i got more info from them than i ever did from any doctor i saw while i was sick. im not sure if the person would like me to say her name here, but i am going to anyway. a special thanks to sheila as she talked to me a few times in private and helped me tremendously with any question i had to ask her. thanks for your patience sheila. i will continue to post in the future if i see anyone i can give info to, i still come on here and read about peoples misfortunes and success stories. hopefully everyone on here will rid themselves of this horrible virus. thank you again everyone, talk to you soon!!!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:58 am

marlboro8425,
Congrats. on "beating the Beast." Hope you continue to feel better. Glad the site (& especially Sheila) helped you. Thx. for posting to support others.

Return to “Success Stories”