Thankful for the healing!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Sassyann
New User

Thankful for the healing!

Postby Sassyann » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:09 pm

It felt like a long, rough road (abt a year w/ active c diff, which wasn't easy having as a new mom) but I am now very thankful to say things have smoothed out. I believe in restoring the good bacteria as much as possible, therefore I was taking plenty of probiotics( I found Kelly Karpa's Bacteria for Breakfast book to be very helpful) and I also took a trip to Duluth, MN for an infusion. They were very good to me in Duluth and it was a real turning point. After the infusion, I would say that I had PI IBS for at least 5 plus months. Now things are settling and returning more to "normal". I credit.... time, probiotics, the infusion, building back up my immunity w/ good sleep, eating and exercise and of course a lot of help/strength from Jesus, my family, friends and this site! Thank you and good health to all!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:52 pm

Sassyann,
Glad you are finally over "the beast." Thanks for letting us know. What type of infusion did you have?

We hope we can count on you in the future to educate others about this awful disease.

Sassyann
New User

Postby Sassyann » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:51 pm

Thanks Bobbie. I had a fecal infusion via ng tube, my husband was my stool donor.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:34 pm

Hurray, Keri! I'm so glad that you've finally beaten cdiff! I wish you (and all of us) a healthy, happy, and cdiff-free 2007.

unhappystomach
Contributor

Postby unhappystomach » Fri Jan 05, 2007 12:10 am

Yay! Good for you. To a healthy new year!

Marry
New User

Postby Marry » Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:48 pm

Congrats Keri...

As you know I went to Duluth too. I am a few months behind you and hope at the five month mark the IBS stuff is gone too!

Glad you are doing well.

Mary

Return to “Success Stories”