Good riddance!!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
ickytummy
Regular User

Good riddance!!

Postby ickytummy » Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:44 pm

So I feel safe to say that I am c-diff free!!! I first started having GI problems in the beginning of July '06. But I wasn't diagnosed until August 06'. Before I was diagnosed I took Cipro and Flagyl for 5 days. I was ok for about a week, but then all my symptoms came back. Then I took just Flagyl for 7 days, but I only made it through 5 because I was having allergic reactions. Right after that I took 2 weeks of Xifaxan twice a day. That really helped but it came back as soon as I stopped. I had to beg to get a refill and this time I only took it for 7 days. About a week after I stopped I still felt awful. So I got tested and was still positive so I was finally given the regular prescription of Vanco for 2 weeks I beleive.

My last tests were done at the beginning of October because I still felt a little iffy after finishing the Vanco, but all three were negative. So I've been c-diff free for about 2 or 3 months. I took Culturelle two times a day since I was diagnosed, but now I only take one in the morning. I feel like it really helps me.

My advice is to please don't ever feel like it won't go away. Because it will eventually!! Also heating pads really help the most I found. I never thought I would be the same but I pretty much am. My BM'S are back to normal, once a day, and formed!! Never thought I'd be so happy to say that! Also pay close attention to what bugs your stomach, everyone kept saying to watch out for dairy, but I never really tried eliminating it. Before c-diff I had milk every morning with breakfest. Now I notice that it upsets my stomach so I only have it sometimes. Anyways I'm now trying to get pregant and have gotten the approval from my doc! I'm so excited that this is behind me and that I can move on!!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:25 pm

Congratulations. Thanks for posting. Good luck with your plans for a baby.

Do be careful about taking antibiotics in the future. Some can; some can't iwithout developing C. diff. again.

unhappystomach
Contributor

Postby unhappystomach » Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:57 pm

Good for you, to your health!!

I hope to follow in your footsteps.

Return to “Success Stories”