4.5 years after infusion

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
MX
Brand New Poster

4.5 years after infusion

Postby MX » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:02 am

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give an update to say I am still OK 4.5 years after home treatment with Dr. Borody's infusion. I suffered for 1 year after I got C.Diff. from the hospital while giving birth to my son (because of Clindamycin). Did everything and nothing worked till I did the fecal infusion. I have been OK since the first day I did it. I had another baby and been through numerous other problems since then....but no C. Diff. yet!!

I only had one antibiotic eye-drop and have managed to stay away from other forms of antibiotics so far.

Good luck to all of you!

MX

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:54 pm

MX,
Good to hear from you. Glad you are doing well. Thx. for posting in to encourage others. Congrats. on your new child.

The site has changed a lot -- as you can see. Many, many new posters. Sam no longer owns the site. He and Lori now have 2 little boys. I remember your case well. We always missed your sense of humor! Nice to hear from old friends.

MX
Brand New Poster

Postby MX » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:51 am

Hi Bobbie,

It's great to hear from you too! I am glad to see you are still out there helping people when they are lost and scared struggling with this horrible bacteria. Many of us have found our cure here and not in our doctors' offices, so I believe we need stay around to support each other. I have been having other major challenge in my life (big strain on the old sense of humour) so I don't have that much time to spend on this site. But I just wanted to make sure people hear about the long term effects of Dr. Borody's method (at least in my case).

I hope both you and your son are still doing well and I am glad Sam and Lori are doing well too.

Cheers,

MX

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:57 pm

MX
Know what you mean about "major challenges." Wouldn't it be nice to not have them occur constantly? It does strain even the best sense of humor.

Best to you. Pls. let us hear from you again.

MX
Brand New Poster

Now 9.5 Years After Infusion

Postby MX » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:57 am

Hi Everyone,

As an "old timer" on the site, I just wanted to update you again and say that it's been 9.5 years after my infusion and I am still doing fine.

In my post of 5 years ago, I talked about major challenges in my life. I didn't elaborate, as I thought they were irrelevant to the topic.

Ironically, 5 years later I think one of the major challenges I have, which is my son's Autism, may not have been irrelevant after all! I just learned that there has been research with strong evidence that the Clostridia bacteria (or related toxins) in the gut can play a role in Autism.

My story was that I got C. Diff. when I went to the hospital to give birth to my son. They gave me Clindamycin which caused C. Diff. After a year of suffering and trying everything, I finally did Dr. Borody's treatment at home and was cure (pretty much right away).

However, since babies in general do not present symptom with c. diff. (due to lack of receptors for the toxin) we did not test or treat my son. Nevertheless, I did note that he would have up to 7 BMs per day as a baby and I thought that odd at the time. Given his excellent health and young age, I did not take any measures, besides giving him yogurt at the time.

All these years later, I am finding that there is the Autism link.

As usual the research and acceptance lag in the medical community can take decades, so once again I wonder if I have to take treatment into my own hands. I am looking for evidence to see if we should test my son for any/all members of the Clostridia family and try to find a similar solution for eliminating/reducing the population in his digestive tract.

Has anyone heard of this or has similar experience?

Thanks,

MX

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 4.5 years after infusion

Postby Bobbie » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:30 pm

MX,
I remember you and thank you for updating us. We don't hear from so many "former posters" that is is refreshing and rewarding when we do. As I remember, you had a great sense of humor - unusual on this site.

My grandson "might" have autism. The umbical cord was wrapped around his neck when he was born and he was without oxygen for awhile. He is now doing beautifully, however. He is in the top reading group and is a great athlete. He is 6, and his "mum" (they live in England) works with him a lot.

I've never heard of a link between autism and C. diff. but I've learned C. diff. is a culprit in many health issues. If you don't get many responses in this forum, post the info. again in the more "used" forums - Gen. Dis. or Questions.

Best to you.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:59 pm

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to have them run stool sample tests, but if he's not having D, I'm not sure if you'd want to put him on strong medication like flagyl or vanco. I think probiotics are never a bad idea, if you can get him to take them. I saw that they have Sustenex probiotics in gummy bear things now, but haven't tried them.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:41 pm

Yes, I have read some of the material about this and another poster, debdee has information. One of the things that they mentioned is that they treat autistic children with both an antibiotic and an antifungal at the same time. If you go to the Sibonation website, I believe there is some information there and you can e-mail one of the moderators, Polly, who has information about this. There is a doctor in Hawaii also who has done research on the topic.

debdee
Regular Contributor

Postby debdee » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:04 am

Hi MX,
I remember you. You helped me a lot. I'm so glad you came back and posted. And, I'm so glad you're still doing well. That's wonderful! I did read some information, like Beth 22 mentioned, in a book about Autism. They also use probiotics and colostrum for kids -- that's what Dr. Sears mentions in his book.

Return to “Success Stories”