Ciao C. Diff.

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Knitter
Regular Contributor

Ciao C. Diff.

Postby Knitter » Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:14 pm

I guess I can safely post a Success Story now, as I have not had a positive test result since April. My first "true" negative result was May 8th, so that makes it five months C. Diff. free now. I am getting busy in life again, and starting to feel like a human being instead of a vegetable (a smelly one that went rotten and was left too long in the bottom of the fridge, you ladies know the kind I mean, the ones that get forgotten at the back of the drawer).

Anyways I am dealing with a few situations now, but only one of them is C. Diff. related, and of course my Menieres is acting up because of the weather. I have Post Infectious Colitis caused by the C. Diff., but am on Benefiber once daily and Librax three times a day and am doing well with it. The rest is medical and family issues. As to the family issues I tried to unsubscribe to the "Family" magazine, told them I didn't need their issues anymore, but that didn't work.

Bio-K+ is the buzz word for me. It worked where nothing else had. I am grateful to my guardian angel and to the Bio-K+ itself.

I will drop in once life starts to come back to normal, I PROMISE!
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 12:56 pm

Hurray, Knitter! I'm so glad! I know that you fought the beast for a long time. And won!! Good luck with all of your other issues. Take care. Hugs!

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:08 pm

I have been free of the C. Diff. since May of 2006. I guess I am not going to have it pop up again. It was a rough journey but I truly think the "beast" is gone now. I have still got Post Infectious IBS and may have for life, but at least it is controllable and I am no longer "contagious".

Don't give it, it DOES leave eventually!
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:40 am

Knitter,
Congrats.

Return to “Success Stories”