Heather 6months CDiff Free

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Heather 6months CDiff Free

Postby HEATHER28 » Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:05 pm

Well I have been really Leary about posting in here but, I finally feel confident enough to finally do it. My Story started back in December when I went to the dentist because I was having some severe problems. I went and found out that I had to have two molars and two of my wisdom teeth pulled and also that my bottom wisdom tooth had a abscess on it, the dentist put me on Amoxicillin for a week. I took that for a week and had no problems. I went back to the dentist about a week and a half after finishing the Amoxicillin to have my teeth pulled. My fiance was in the waiting room so I asked my dentist if he could give him my RX for what ever he was going to give me for pain so I would be able to just go home after he was done. He put me on vicodin and Clindamycin.

About two days after I started the Clindamycin I started to no feel myself. I was visiting the bathroom a lot more frequently which was very odd. After about 4 day's of "D" I just stopped taking it. I thought that things would just get better. My Fiance and I went to Las Vegas for Christmas and the day after we got there I thought I had the flu. I took cold and flu medicine and pepto. I was pretty much miserable the whole time we were there. We got home one December 29th the morning of the 30th less then 24hrs of even being home I had bad "D" with lots of blood and orangie mucus!! Off to the ER we went.

The ER doc put me on Flagyl and told me to drink lost of fluids, rest and to follow up with my family doc. Well with it being New Years eve weekend I knew getting into my doc was going to be impossible. The flagly was making me even sicker. I was having hart paulps,fevers and sever nausea and I lost ALOT of weight from not eating. I finally got done with taking the flagyl and seen my doc. Told her I was feeling much better since being off the flagyl and that my apatite was coming back but, there was still some mucus in my stool. She put me on Vanco for a week. Well it seemed kind of silly to me for her to put me on yet another Antibiotic so I decided I would fill it but, only take it if I felt like I needed it. Things were better so why take it?? Four days later I relapsed and started taking the Vanco. Things got better right away!! Finished the Vanco and my life seemed to be getting back on track but, about two weeks after taking the Vanco I went back to my doc. because my bowel habits had changed quit a bit. She DX me with IBS. I have been battling that since. I have had some really bad bad weeks were I had thought OMG it's BACK!!!! But then things would change and I would start feeling better and things would get back to normal. It has been a long and bumpy road but, Here I am 6 months later and I finally feel like my life is getting back to where it was before CDiff.

I would like to thank EVERYONE who answered my post's and supported me and gave me the best advice. Special Thanks to Bobbie, Christina and Kayla you guys are the best and just know that just like you were there for me I will always be here to help support you and ALL of you on this board. It is truly a god send!!!

GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!
Health and Happiness.

Heather
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

It's Offical I am 1yr Cdiff Free

Postby HEATHER28 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:32 am

It was 1year ago today that I got diagnosed with the dreaded "Beast"! I am now doing well other then IBS. There is light at the end of the tunnel for all of you it will go away, it just go's when it wants to. I am so happy that this site exist I don't know what I would have done with out it, you guy's are the only ones who understand what it is like to have it and what it feels like to go through all the emotional ups and downs. Last year I couldn't go out and have fun on New Year's Eve but, this year I will be hoisting a glass to all of you for helping me get though the worst thing I have ever gone through in my life and also to wish ALL OF YOU a healthy and happy CDIFF FREE New Year!! Here is to finding a cure in 2007!!!!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:17 am

Heather28,
Congrats. on your recovery and thanks for sharing it with us to encourage others. We're so glad the site helped you.

Let's all drink a toast to findig a cure for C. diff. in 2007. If it can't be wine or champagne, let it be Gatorade!

Return to “Success Stories”