7 months later ( mom and baby)

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
kazoo22
New User

7 months later ( mom and baby)

Postby kazoo22 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:43 am

My case history is posted under "Megan H's case history) but just wanted to lend encouragement to those struggling with c.diff right now:

I was dx with c.diff 3 months after the birth of my son, and although he never tested positive for it he had all the symptoms so a pedi GI agreed to treat him with Flagyl. We're not sure if I passed it to him (even though I always used good bathroom hygeine) or if it was because I took clindamycin while breastfeeding him.

It took me a course of Flagyl followed by a course of Vanco, plus Culturelle, to slowly get better. Now 7 months later I am not how I used to be, but it sure seems the c.diff is gone. My son recieved 3 days of Alinia (which didn't help), then only one course of Flagyl and one Culturelle per day --- thankfully he has not had any more diarrhea or other symptoms.

We are now both 7 months c.diff free and very thankful for the information and support from this website!

Megan

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:10 pm

Clindamycin is a big C. diff. offender. See FAQ-Antibiotics.

Thanks, Megan, for the thanks & glad you posted in Success Stories. Continued good health to you & baby. Pls. educate others about C. diff. & hope you reported your case to Dr. McDonald at CDC -- FAQ-CDC.

Return to “Success Stories”