Wondering how long

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.

How long after C Diff did you return to normal bowel habits

Within 1 month
No votes
Within 3 months
22%
Within 6 months
11%
After 6 months
No votes
After a year
22%
Beyond a year yet still not normal
44%

Total votes: 9

CML
New User

Wondering how long

Postby CML » Sun Jul 24, 2022 3:24 pm

It is taking people to return to a more normal everyday bathroom situation post c diff. I’m four months out yet still not normal here, everyday is different, wondering what others experiences are like.

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Re: Wondering how long

Postby BetsyS » Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:58 pm

I am two years out. There is no normal for me. Although CDiff continues to be a factor, I was in the hospital recovering from a hemicolectomy and partial removal of my small intestine when I caught it. I am a glass half full person, and have learned to deal with it.

CML
New User

Postby CML » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:10 am

I asked this question back in July because after being diagnosed and treated in March, things were still far from normal for me and I was looking to see what others experiences were. Its crazy but a little bit after that since probably August 1 everything stomach/bowel wise has been back to normal for me. This does end and normalcy resumes so for all those still struggling, hang in there, it gets better!!!

BetsyS
Regular Contributor

Postby BetsyS » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:27 am

So glad to hear you're doing better! I too have had changes for the good. I was put on a gluten free diet by my Rheumatologist the end of August, and I am being evaluated for Celiac. The change has been dramatic. I wish I had pushed my doctors more two years ago rather than accept their assessment of IBS. In their defense, between cancer surgery and CDiff my gut was a mess, plus it was during the COVID shutdown and my appts. were mostly virtual.

Here's to good health going forward!

Return to “Success Stories”