Would love forum feedback: I tried CBD as a last resort; seems to be working.

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Sundial
Brand New Poster

Would love forum feedback: I tried CBD as a last resort; seems to be working.

Postby Sundial » Sat May 14, 2022 8:58 pm

I would really appreciate any feedback on this. I have not found this subject discussed in other threads, but I apologize if I have overlooked it, and would be happy if someone points out to me that CBD has already been discussed.

Anyway...I was diagnosed with C. Diff decades ago and got rid of it after 1 course of treatment. It resurfaced six months ago after a course of antibiotics I was taking to treat an infection. I subsequently took two 10-day courses of Vanco, one 10-day course of Dificid, and VSL #3. These meds helped while I was taking them, but the C. Diff kept coming back shortly after ceasing the meds. I was very, very ill with severe symptoms. I have never resorted to self-medicating, but out of desperation, I tried CBD capsules (started with 25mg once per day, then two weeks later increased to 50mg once per day). It is a full spectrum strain from a brand I researched robustly. Within a few days, I started seeing and feeling improvement. Within three weeks, I improved to 95% and have remained that way for 75 days. I want to go off of the CBD, but I'm afraid to, as I don't know whether the CBD is simply masking the disease or has actually mostly eradicated it (I suppose it could also be a coincidence, and my body spontaneously cured itself on its own, but that seems rather unlikely). I am still testing positive, but I am skeptical about the result because it has only been 2 1/2 months since I last had severe symptoms. Because of my positive test, my doctor wants me to take another 10-day course of Dificid and get a Zinplava IV, but I am concerned that might be premature/ill-advised.

I know that medical advice is not permitted, but to whatever extent personal experience and advice may be given, I'd appreciate it. Thank you to all! I know firsthand what so many of you are going through.

Sundial
Brand New Poster

Re: Would love forum feedback: I tried CBD as a last resort; seems to be working.

Postby Sundial » Sat May 14, 2022 9:03 pm

I am so sorry, I now see that there is a search bar. I searched CBD and see that there has, indeed, been some discussion about it, which I will read. Nonetheless, please, please, please chime in and give me feedback.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Would love forum feedback: I tried CBD as a last resort; seems to be working.

Postby beth22 » Sun May 15, 2022 12:56 am

I have not taken CBD, but I tested positive for 2.5 years and did not treat with any more vanco or anything other than Pepto Bismol when the need arose. This is what my doctor recommended. If you are not having D or very loose stools, usually that is not treated. Your body may still be recovering. I would ask a GI about CBD. It may or may not have anything to do with it.

Sundial
Brand New Poster

Postby Sundial » Sun May 15, 2022 1:27 am

Thank you very much for your response. I told my doctor about the CBD before I started taking it and kept the doctor updated. The doctor guesses that there is an over 90% chance that the reason I'm doing better is, indeed, because of the CBD. She still wants me to take more antibiotics though and the Zinplava IV I mentioned in my post (incidentally, I had never heard of that Zinplava IV treatment, but I read about it...If I were to get really bad again, I wouldn't hesitate to do it). My concern right now is that CBD is just masking the symptoms, and if that is happening, whether I'm risking long term damage (e.g. adhesions due to untreated inflammation). The only symptom I have at this point is small amounts of mucus and - rarely - a small amount of blood (I hope this phrasing doesn't fall into the "Too Much Information" category...please tell me if it does). Any additional feedback would be appreciated!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon May 16, 2022 1:31 am

If you don't have many symptoms, then doctors usually don't treat c difficile and let your body take care of it. My doctor recommended CBD oil for me some years ago for pain in my leg, but it got better on its own. If you have low grade c difficile, which I did for a long time, it can still get better on its own. Your flora needs time to build up and your intestines need time to heal. My doctor did not want me to take antibiotics unless the D came back. You could always get a second opinion if you are not sure about what to do.

Sundial
Brand New Poster

Postby Sundial » Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:36 am

I am giving you all an update. I stayed on the CBD (50mg full spectrum capsules once per day) for four months. I went off two weeks ago, and the C. diff has not returned. My gastroenterologist suspects the CBD got rid of my C. Diff. My infectious disease doctor is skeptical. I'm not giving medical advice, but I'm telling you all that I (a once CBD skeptic) believe it got me over C. Diff after no luck with courses of Vanco and Dificid.

kerryw
Brand New Poster

Postby kerryw » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:39 am

Even the most beautiful variety will not go for the future if you use medicinal marijuana in the same way as recreational. Firstly, use for medical purposes is possible only according to indications and under constant medical supervision.

Abhamm
Brand New Poster

Postby Abhamm » Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:22 pm

It is good that you continue to consult your doctor. CBD products have many health benefits, one of the main ones is that they help reduce pain during illnesses. CBD also helps in treating inflammation, so the fact that you are getting better is a credit to CBD. I was also treated for a serious illness 2 years ago. I had frequent pains and no medication was helping me get rid of the pain. A friend of mine advised me to try CBD oil. I bought this oil here and it turned out to be very effective. I finally stopped suffering from pain.

NOTE from administrator:

We do not promote any product here for legal reasons. Do understand seeking out comfort and cures. If you want further info, contact the poster.

Afraid this site has almost run its course.I have worked on it since the 90’s but am retiring soon. The site needs updating and revamping. If anyone is interested, let me know.

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:45 am

My son smokes weed like Willie Nelson. No Covid, cdif, or really anything to speak of. Not that I’m advocating for it, but if it works it works I guess.

Abhamm
Brand New Poster

Postby Abhamm » Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:27 pm

Hey there, I'm sorry to hear about your struggles with C. Diff. It sounds like you've been through a lot with the different courses of medication you've had to take. It's great to hear that the CBD capsules have been working for you and providing relief. As for whether or not to stop taking them, I understand your hesitation. It might be worth talking to your doctor about the possibility of continuing to take the CBD in addition to any other treatments they might recommend. It's always best to err on the side of caution when it comes to your health. On a related note, I've actually found a great article that helped me find the best CBD for pain relief. It can be tough to navigate the world of CBD products, so it's important to do your research and find a reliable brand.

Moderators have removed the link to buying CBD again.
No advertising please.

develish
Brand New Poster

Postby develish » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:07 am

Your journey might offer valuable insights to others going through similar challenges. Wishing you continued improvement and better health ahead!

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Fri Sep 22, 2023 8:54 am

I read a study that showed great promise with marijuana edibles and cdiff. Mother natures medicine that’s been around for centuries. I live on the Michigan state line where it’s legal, so may have to pick up a chocolate bar or two for such an emergency. I haven’t partook since college and am now 50 but anything’s better than antibiotics.

develish
Brand New Poster

Postby develish » Tue Oct 31, 2023 8:32 pm

It's incredible how nature provides us with so many potential remedies. And living near Michigan, where it's legal, definitely provides some options for exploring the benefits of marijuana edibles.

By the way, if you're considering trying something different, have you ever looked into delta 8 gummies 30 mg (https://www.trythecbd.com/products/delta-8-gummies/)? They've been gaining popularity for various wellness needs.

Return to “Success Stories”