1 year free

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
phir91
New User

1 year free

Postby phir91 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:43 am

Hi everyone :)

Today marks one year since my last Vanco pill :) I got cdiff last year as we were going into lockdown, I had a bad anal fissure - they gave me botox and removed skin tags and they 'thought' it was infected so gave. metronidazole, amoxicillin followed by amoxiclav and bam hellooo cliff.... to help me with the cdiff they gave metronizadole that failed after 3 days and then 2 weeks of Vancomycin that kept things at bay.

Recovery was long and for a month everyday I had one mushy stool - my uncle is a doctor, I was scared but he encouraged me to g by the 3x3 rule. I think you 'know' if you are relapsing really, there's no doubt but the anxiety of the illness does turn you into a crazy person. I used probiotics and the uk version of florastor. My stools are not what they were before, I only go once/twice a day but things can easily upset my stomach and they aren't 'consistent' like before but apparently this is a new normal. I don't have any stomach pain, can eat anything but as I said sometimes the stomach can get a little upset.

I have managed to avoid antibiotics thus far. however, i have colorectal surgery to get rid of this fissure (lateral sphincterotomy) later this year. he said you don't need antibiotics for this. I also had hand surgery (typing this message with my left hand so I hope you appreciate this).. to remove a subungal gloms tumour (benign). NO antibiotics... obviously there id still a lot of fear about doing things like surgery or having infections but I am trying not to live in fear and avoid surgery when its needed..

anyway, just thought I would share where I am at a year later. its a horrible illness that I still live in fear of but don't think about everyday anymore :)

you will get there... to anyone currently dealing with it.

Becca
29 year old female

Return to “Success Stories”