My Healing Journey

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Bella22
Brand New Poster

My Healing Journey

Postby Bella22 » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:52 pm

I wanted to share my success story with you and hope that it helps some of you. I am a middle aged woman in my forties, generally healthy. I developed a c diff infection after the use of antibiotics after an upper respiratory infection. I had relentless diarrhea with bleeding, nausea, stomach pain, rectal pain, etc. It is a wretched, miserable, debilitating infection. More antibiotics only seemed to worsen things for me. I spent a lot of time researching other options. I will tell you exactly what I did and how I recovered. I purchased unhulled barely (barley pearls are good as well) and made barley water which I drank throughout day for several days before tapering off. This gave me some relief within HOURS. I took two capsules of Saccromyces Boullardi with MOS, one am, one pm daily. I took three teaspoons throughout the day of Manuka Honey . It must be RAW, Manuka Honey, with a MGO of at least 530, preferably over 800. Yes it's expensive but worth it. Manuka honey is a natural antibiotic and a truly wonderful remedy for many ailments. I took extra zinc along with B vitamins. I immediately stopped ALL DAIRY which is very inflammatory for most people. I drank bone broth, and ate rice, bananas, some chicken, almond milk yogurt with probiotics, drank electrolyte replacement drinks and drank decaffeinated green tea. I forced myself to lay in bed (I hate to sit still!) with my little dog and a heating pad on my stomach and tried to rest. Within a week I was back at work and while not 100% I was almost myself again.
You might be wondering, yes, ok , you felt better but did all of those things cure your infection? I will give you my answer and let me say I am not a doctor. What my belief is that all of the above help reduce the severe inflammation that the c diff infection causes and gives your body a little breathing room to recover. Whether you take antibiotics and/or try natural remedies, your body still needs to participate in the healing process; it cannot do that while it is so very inflamed. Barley water has been used for many years to help with various ailments including inflammation and gut health. Saccharomyces Boulardii is a specific yeast probiotic that helps with intestine health. Manuka honey has antiviral, anti inflammatory and anti bacterial benefits. Avoiding inflammatory foods is common sense. I truly hope this information helps some of you and wishing everyone who reads this recovery and good health.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: My Healing Journey

Postby Bobbie » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Bella2,
Congrats on your recovery and thank you for posting. We are glad this regime worked for you.

This site cannot promote any c diff treatments, however. As always, “Buyer beware.”

twoscoop
New User

Re: My Healing Journey

Postby twoscoop » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:40 pm

Hi Bella. I had a question about your recovery. How were your stools looking? I've been post 5 months from my infection and wow everything is all over the place. Wondering if you went through a similar situation. September-frequent small stools/mucus. October-hard dark nuggets. November-long soft stools and sometimes hard. December- a mixture of hard and soft but always had one hard dark nugget. I think my digestive system has slowed down. Recently I started taking 2x florastor again and saw a HUGE difference. I also lowered my fiber and went back to a bland diet. I'm still having issues normalizing them to what they used to be before cdiff. Any tips or experience? Thank you and glad you are doing well!

Return to “Success Stories”