Six months out

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
poppy86
Regular Contributor

Six months out

Postby poppy86 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:43 pm

Today is six months after I finished treatment for c.diff. It has been a rough road because I now have pi-ibs, but I'm very grateful to have made it this far. Some days I actually feel good, almost like my old self. Other days are harder, when I'm having a flare-up, and I still have many food sensitivities. Overall I'm seeing an improvement in symptoms and a general reduction in number of BMs per week. I'm not quite to my regular diet yet but introducing new foods all the time. I still struggle with anxiety and insomnia, but I'm working on those, and I have hope that eventually I'll gain back the weight I lost.

I wish everyone good health through the winter, stay safe.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Six months out

Postby beth22 » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:31 pm

Thanks for posting and giving hope to others. It took me a long time to gain back the weight that I lost. I was told by a doctor that you have to add 500 calories a day in order to gain a pound in a week.

healthys
Contributor

Postby healthys » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:13 pm

Hi Beth, how long did it take you to gain the lost weight? I need to gain about 20 lbs. Not sure when that would happen !

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ali-Mar » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:14 pm

Congrats Poppy on such a milestone and thanks for sharing. I had an FMT 4.5 months ago on Jul 14, counting days to get to six months, as I read it takes six months for your microbiome to recover from ABX. I am still struggling with PI-IBS, a lot of abdominal pain, and cannot tolerate new food. But I am grateful that I have been testing negative for C Diff. However, unfortunately, I gained the 15 lb that I lost in no time :-). Now, I have to find a healthier way to lose it again
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Return to “Success Stories”