Wishing you all good health - 6 months out

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
phir91
New User

Wishing you all good health - 6 months out

Postby phir91 » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:51 pm

Hello,

I’m a 29 year old female. I just wanted to post to give others some hope. I had colorectal surgery in January and after this they “thought” I had an infection and gave me too many antibiotics - including metronizadole, Amoxicillin and Amoxiclav... ending up with cdiff! Took metronizadole for 10 days... felt a lot better and then relapsed after 3... took vancomycin for 14 days and have been okay since!

When I say okay it was a rocky period! I had one mushy stool, bristol chart 6-7 once a day for at least a month! After this things got a bit more normal. It’s still not quite what I would have called normal before - I get morning urgency and I am slightly more regular than I used to be... a tiny bit IBS like sometimes with a grumbly tummy too! Stools are not 100% normal but I’m feeling good!

I just wanted to give others hope - live by the 3 day rule - listen to Roy’s posts! Don’t test and re test! It’s a rocky ride even after treatment... time is a healer! Don’t over treat... it will make things worse. I questioned a lot “am I relapsing??”... if you are relapsing, my god you will know. The gut takes ages to heal.. I can eat pretty much anything I want now FYI :) I even have the odd drink although I have never been a big drinker.

Thank you all for the support - I am sure I will be back one day when I inevitably have to have antibiotics again and need your great advice.

Special shout out to the moderators :)

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Wishing you all good health - 6 months out

Postby Bobbie » Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:02 am

Phir91,

Thx for the thx. Much appreciated.

Glad u are better. Many develop IBS after a bout with c diff. Contact your doctor if this persists.

We wish you well. Keep in touch.

Return to “Success Stories”