Cdiff free 1 year !

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Alisha
New User

Cdiff free 1 year !

Postby Alisha » Fri May 01, 2020 2:27 pm

Hi everyone !! My names Alisha and I cant even explain to you the happiness I feel from FINALLY being able to register for the site. I’ve always used Hotmail figured out today it’s try gmail and it worked :) :)

I contracted cdiff last year in April of 2019. I went into the hospital for some right side cramping unrelated to cdiff. exactly a week later April 15 2019 i was the sickest I have ever been in my entire life!!! Doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me due to the fact I DIDN'T take any medications or a antibiotics. I went to the ER that first night and was told I probably had a stomach bug and to go home and take gravol. They refused to give me anything stronger or to honestly really listen to my complains regarding feeling extremely ill. That first week at home in bed... in bed for 7 days ... I couldn’t move, eat, function.

Amongst the many symptoms cdiff gifts you with, the nausea for me was UNBAREABLE. They prescribed be nausea medicine they give cancer patients receiving chemo and that did absolutely nothing for me. Short story because my story is LONG lol I went undiagnosed with cdiff for an entire month before a wonderful doctor figured out what was wrong ! She prescribed me vancomycin for 2 weeks !! I lost a total of 50 POUNDS in 1 month! I was in rough shape, I thought I was going to die.

I remember it being my daughter 2nd birthday and the end of my taper for Vanco and I just didn’t have the energy or breath to sing happy birthday to her. Scariest time of my life.

I wanted to write a short version of my story on here for anyone who wants to reach out to ask questions if you’ve recently been diagnosed. This site saved me life and my sanity.. this was the only thing that got me through it! Reading stories and information from people who are going through the same thing you are .

Thank you so much
Alisha. 33yr old. Cdiff free since April 15 2019.

Ali-Mar
Long Time Contributor

Re: Cdiff free 1 year !

Postby Ali-Mar » Tue May 05, 2020 6:59 pm

Thanks for sharing your story Alisha, it is so hopeful and encouraging to read your story. It sound like in addition to 14 days Vanco, you also did a taper? I am curious to know what was your taper dose? I was on Flagyl for 8 days before switching to Vanco for 10 days ( no taper), I relapsed 4 and half weeks post Vacno, and now it is my 9th day on Dificid.

Did you have the PI-IBS and if so, how long after treatment you felt normal again?

Regards,
Ali
Male 54, contracted C-Diff on Feb 5, 2020, diagnosed on March 2nd, Took Flagyl for 8 days, Vanco for 10 days, relapsed 5 weeks post-Vanco. finished Dificid Taper on June 20 relapsed two weeks later, had the FMT on July 14th, 2020

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri May 08, 2020 1:52 pm

Alisha,
Congrats on your good news. We are so happy for you and glad the site helped you. Even tho antibiotics were not involved in you recent bout of c diff, try to avoid antibiotics in the future, if possible, and also any infection.

Enjoy!!!! Dance!

Alisha
New User

Postby Alisha » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:50 pm

Ali-Mar wrote:
> Thanks for sharing your story Alisha, it is so hopeful and encouraging to
> read your story. It sound like in addition to 14 days Vanco, you also did a
> taper? I am curious to know what was your taper dose? I was on Flagyl for 8
> days before switching to Vanco for 10 days ( no taper), I relapsed 4 and
> half weeks post Vacno, and now it is my 9th day on Dificid.
>
> Did you have the PI-IBS and if so, how long after treatment you felt normal
> again?
>
> Regards,
> Ali

@Ali-Mar Hey !!! Thanks so much! Sorry to hear about your struggle with cdiff also. Such a nasty thing! I did 14 days on vanco but the closer I got to the end of my treatment I would only take the vanco like 1-2 times a day then eventually once a day.

I definitely had PI-IBS that lasted really long and to be honest I’m still struggling with it a little. I did notice ALOT of relief when I stayed on a gluten free diet for like 3 months. So I’m thinking of starting that again!!

Ps- so sorry for the late response :(

Alisha
New User

Postby Alisha » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:55 pm

Bobbie wrote:
> Alisha,
> Congrats on your good news. We are so happy for you and glad the site
> helped you. Even tho antibiotics were not involved in you recent bout of c
> diff, try to avoid antibiotics in the future, if possible, and also any
> infection.
>
>
> Enjoy!!!! Dance!

Yes !!! I def have PTSD now the way I’ve been traumatized with cdiff! I remember seeing your posts and responses everywhere on the forum so thanks so much for the support and comment :)

Return to “Success Stories”