I guess I'm a success story

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
bimelime
New User

I guess I'm a success story

Postby bimelime » Sun Jan 19, 2020 3:13 pm

I got my diagnosis after taking Flagyl for a Blastocystis hominis infection back in may of 2019. Everything fell apart and my life became a hell that I dont even want to recount as meds were thrown at me and diagnosis after diagnosis was guessed at by incompetent doctors just hungry for my money. I finally found an amazing GI doctor who put me on flagyl and after PCR testing 7 months after the vanco stopped, I am officially cleared of the bacteria and the toxins! My body still feels absolutely RAVAGED and I constantly worry about what could be wrong with me. My digestion is still shot after all this time but the docror and nurses say this is understandable considering the 2 infections back to back and the horrible effect the flagyl had on me. I am constantly hoping for the symptoms to be over and the doctors have been monitoring me through blood testing, stool testing, etc. constantly and they are confident that I am recovering. They reassure me that the possibility of a relapse after the 8 months without it happening is near non existent without me taking antibiotics. For now, the pain is a constant reminder of how close I came to getting wiped out and I just want it all to be over so i can get back to my life with full confidence, but for now I am taking it day by day. The three day rule has been amazing for easing my fear and the recovery for this seems to be so different for everyone that ive just stopped reading other people's experiences and I'm sticking to what my GI doctor tells me. Hoping for the best and I hope I don't have to live with this forever.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: I guess I'm a success story

Postby beth22 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:08 pm

It sounds as if you are on the road to recovery. Sometimes that road is a long one, but as long as you are progressing, that is good. I found I could not tolerate certain foods after c difficile. Everyone is different. If there are certain foods that irritate your intestines, then stay away from them for a while and try again later. Good luck to you and thanks for posting and giving hope to others.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: I guess I'm a success story

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:48 pm

Congrats! Enjoy the good days.Glad the three day rule helped. I "made it up" years ago. Not science, common sense.

Another congrats. Well done. Keep.posting to encourage others.

Return to “Success Stories”