I guess this is success

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Jrditusa
New User

I guess this is success

Postby Jrditusa » Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi...I was here a while back and it was the second time I has cdiff. It started feb of 2018 and after a round of vanco, a taper of vanco, and a dificid taper I was “cured” on aug 25 of that year. So it’s been 14 or so months and I have to say it’s been hard. I don’t know about anyone else but I still am very careful with my diet. I still go to the bathroom three times a day ( sometimes more) and it is still very soft and not what most would consider normal. I take Metamucil every morning and questran a few times a week. I also take florestor..just one a day. I usually feel good and run 6 miles every other day and my life is otherwise normal. It just seems like I’m never going to truly heal.. but I am thankful for every good day and for this site for all the support I got both times I’ve wrestled with this illness. Thank you all

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: I guess this is success

Postby beth22 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:07 am

Glad you are doing better and thank you for posting and giving hope to others. I wish you continued progress and hopefully you can add more things to your diet. I had to do that too.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:11 pm

Another congrats.

Th farther you get away from your c diff experience, the more settled you will be. With luck, this could be a dim memory.

Glad the site helped you.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Congrats. You’ve come very far and are out of the woods. Unfortunately the PI IBS can go on for a very long time but most of the food intolerances, even if not all, gradually will ease up eventually. With the help of medication I can enjoy wine again and even some salad but it did take years. But no recurrences and that is most important. No c diff is best!

D1dad
Regular Contributor

Postby D1dad » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:31 pm

That’s awesome. I can relate as mine started in March and was what you would call cured in 3 weeks but battled the aftermath for a few months. Keep exercising as I believe it truly helps.

Return to “Success Stories”