One year later

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
TracyLou
Contributor

One year later

Postby TracyLou » Wed May 24, 2006 10:13 am

[b]I posted this in my case history file but wanted to post here as well - I do consider myself a success story. Have come a long way since this time last year.[/b]

It was one year ago today that I found out I had c-diff. Had I known back then what this one word would do to my outlook on life and what I would experience for the next year, I honestly don't know if I would have survived. Fortunately, I just took it day by day to try to get some normalcy back in my life and routine. Although I consider myself cured of c-diff I have continued to have bouts with IBS symptoms but they seem to be lessening with each day. It's been trial and error with meds and I have also been able to lessen taking them as well. Flora-Q has been the probiotic that has helped keep things in check for me. I also don't fear c-diff as much as I did. I decided a while back that I wouldn't let it rule me and dictate what I could or couldn't do. I actually enjoy going out to dinner again! This site has been the biggest help of all. I realized how much worse it could have been and thank God for watching over me. The courage and determination of everyone here experiencing this dreaded illness has been my inspiration the beat this. My hope is that one day soon we will have a cure or vaccine to rid this beast for good. I want to let everyone know there is light at the end of the tunnel and you will reach it.

Take care & God bless,
Tracy

Rose2
Regular Contributor

Postby Rose2 » Wed May 24, 2006 12:28 pm

Tracy Lou,

Thank you so much for posting your story. It means so much for me to hear success stories while going through recurrent c-diff. It's the category in the table of contents on this site that I always check first and I was so happy to see a new post today and to read what you wrote.

All my best to you, today and every day,
Rose

jskvt
Regular User

Postby jskvt » Thu May 25, 2006 4:02 pm

Just to echo Rose2's feelings, the success stories are definitely what I continue to look for whenever I visit the site. Thank you to the administrators for making that a separate category - all of us recurrent folks need to keep the faith, and it only helps to hear that, yes, people DO actually recover from this.

robinsonm
Brand New Poster

Feeling well again

Postby robinsonm » Wed May 31, 2006 5:34 pm

After a few months of feeling miserable and crying in the doctor's office, I look forward to feeling well again. It means so much just to be able to do housework for heavens sake. Thanks for the posting letting us know this disease can be beaten.
Mary Robinson

Return to “Success Stories”