When is it a success story?

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
j834
New User

When is it a success story?

Postby j834 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:05 pm

At what point, post- medication (Flagyl, Vanco etc.) is it normal to declare victory? I have read 3,4 and 6 months in the forum, but I am curious to know what seems to be the average.

Currently, I am 9 weeks post- medication and am looking forward to posting my story here in the near future.

Thank you,

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: When is it a success story?

Postby beth22 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:21 pm

A lot of posters post after 6 months, some after a year. Some get well and never post and we never hear back from them.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:38 am

I personally would not post until a minimum of 6 months had passed, and I do mean minimum, but there is no set rule.
We do like to hear back because it is encouraging for others but as Beth said, some get well and never post again.

sammyp
Contributor

Postby sammyp » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:59 am

My doc told me that after 3 months, they consider it clinical remission. Anything after three months is considered a reinfection not a reoccurance according to my doc. I personally posted my success story at 14 weeks past my last Vanco dose.

j834
New User

Postby j834 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:33 pm

I keep hearing that medically speaking 3 months is the recovery period so I am a bit confused on when I can breathe a lot easier.

sammyp
Contributor

Postby sammyp » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:44 pm

3 months seems to be the magic number if you ask a doc. I have heard of very isolated incidents of people reoccurring at 4 or 6 months but that's incredible uncommon without a catslyst like antibiotics or PPI use.

n0rs0n
New User

Postby n0rs0n » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:07 am

Thankfully, I am now 9+ months C diff free - all the symptoms are gone - but just this week I was reminded by a med tech once you've had it you are more susceptable (sp?) than those who have not. I dread the thought of any serious infection/injury/surgery that would call for strong antibiotics, for that was my downfall Oct 17. (But it did kill off the infection on my mitral valve).

So maybe March 2019 I'll consider that FMT a success story...(one year)...as we celebrate our 65th wedding anniversary.

Now this - I had antibiotic infusions every day for 6 weeks - then c diff for 6 months - until I "found" the FMT.

I will not go through another 6 months of c diff - I'll seek the FMT the next day should c diff return.

Yes...I'm that sold on it.

It saved my life - wouldn't you?

-neb

Return to “Success Stories”