Success Story !

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Seahorse
New User

Success Story !

Postby Seahorse » Tue May 29, 2018 10:35 pm

I got C.Diff in March after a few doses of Augmentin for a sinus infection. I had remarkable diarrhea, I described it as a “waterfall of dirty water flowing from my butt. “ it was not funny....tried to treat at home, I thought it was a GI virus, never expected it to almost kill me!

After 5 days I Ended up in the ER with pancolitis, incredibly swollen abdomen and uncontrollable diarrhea. Triple antibiotics, IV fluids, clear diet for 5 days, then discharged home on Vanco for 30 days, low fat, low residue diet.....miserable for weeks. Home bound for 4 weeks because of unpredictable bowels. Slowly advanced diet and saw improvement in bowels. No icky details, another 4 weeks of cautious eating.

After the Vanco ended I had diarrhea once, panicked, did another 3 week taper of Vanco. That was good. Slow progress. Today I am back to normal diet, normal bowel habit, I’m better! Took 3 full months. I consider myself cured. Believe me, no more antibiotics! Stopped taking Omeprazole.

Lost 3 months of my life, but I’m better! There is hope!

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Re: Success Story !

Postby Machaon » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:57 am

Congratulations! I am so happy for you to be over the agony of C-diff. It is an ugly, nasty, debilitating, embarrassing disease! I'm sure that you could think of some more adjectives to describe your awful experience with C-diff!

Thanks for posting about your success and some of what you went thru!

Bob
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:36 am

Thank you so much for posting! This is great news! I'm so glad that you are out of the woods and feeling better. You can put c-diff in the past and move on to better memories. Congratulations!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:04 am

Seahorse, Thank you for posting. It gives others hope.

Best of luck to you. Thx

Return to “Success Stories”