My story.

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Regular User
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:38 am

My story.

Postby Ca5per03 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:18 pm

I was 30 years old when I first heard about c diff. I feel in the bathroom tub July 2017 and though I didn't break anything, it sent my body into shock. I was in and out of the er for about a week with really bad chest pains and ended up with many ekgs, which all said I had the perfect heart. I ended up taking what they call a gi cocktail and that helpt. So they ended up putting me in omeprazole. Than I got a random postive uti test (never had one in my life), and they gave me Bactrim, which I'm apparently allergic to. During this they think my gallbladder is the suspect. My mother and my sister bith had to have theirs removed, as have other female family member, so they say it runs in family's. I needed up having a hida scan and it showed my gallbladder was working at 91% so it wasnt that. So I was also on talks with a gi surgeon just in case it was it I already got my referral out of the way.

During this I was on day 2 of a 3 day course for the uti I had to stop it cause I was sick. After 4 or 5 days I was going south fast. I also messed myself a few times and was going to the bathroom more and more and my stools were getting more watery. I had my second appointment with the PA gi and told what was going on. He had me tested for cdiff and the other parasites and called me later that day and told me I tested positive for c diff and he was referring me to the gastroenterologist and prescribed me Flagyl. I was in and out of the er for 10 days before they finally switched me to vanco. I felt better after day 3, my stoles were still so fed but formed. I finished my course and still didn't feel right. By now I'm a frequent flyer in the per and I now know the doctors names. Embarrassing. Anywho, I stoll didn't feel well, we had storm after storm and lost power, my boyfriend and twodog check into a hotel cause I need running water, and I'm now not sleeping cause my anxiety is so bad Im going crazy, I can't sleep, all I'm thinking about is c diff, I'm not working, thank God my boss paid me the whole 6 months I was out.I still felt off. Going 4 times a day still yellow, no smell and mush. My Gp thinks I'm nuts and stresses her consurn another my sanity.

She prescribes me an anxiety medication and it doesn't work, makes it worse. I check myself into a house for anxiety, and changed my anxiety meds to a serotonin inhibitor, which has helped amazingly. The house helpt tremendously.

I'm finally coming to terms I have pibs cause I was going 3 times a day and it was still not completely solid. I was pill probiotics, kifer, and drinking karma water so we chalked it up as I was in taking to many probiotics. I finally convinced my GP to give me a stoll test. She and everyone said I was fine and just over thinking it all. Well Dec 23,2017 I got a call for my GPS office saying I tested positive for c diff. They prescribed me Flagyl, I asked for vanco cause I failed that nasty crap before and it made me sicker than cdiff. I picked up a few day prescription cause my insurance was about to kick in. I had to pay 1600 dollars for my 1st round of vancomycin pills.

I started the probiotics again, and took the vanco. I watched what I ate, very easy meals on the stomach, and I only ate meat that did have antibiotics. And I'm Still not working. The doctors wanted to do a taper for my second round of medicine, I got in to see my pa gi when I was nearing the end told my second round of meds and through talks I got the OK to wait on the taper cause I was feeling 85 percent better and I didn't want to over medicate. Smith have an open stoll sample order in cause I have have watery stools.

Thank goodness I haven't needed to take her up on the offer!!

Through this I need up moving in with my sister and she has helpt me gain my independence back. She has chickens so I take care of them, and I have 8 ducks now!! I love taking care of them, and seeing them grow!! My ducks now live outside and swim! I'm still taking my anxiety medication. I'm back to work! We just opened up a location and it's crazy busy!! I also see a criopractor!

I wanted to give some one hope that you can over come cdiff with 2 rounds of medicine!! Knock on wood!

I wanted to thank all those who answered my stupid questions and making me understand things!! I hope the get a cure and this is a thing of the past! Sending light and live to everyone!!

Long Time Contributor
Posts: 2430
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:45 pm

Re: My story.

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:32 am

Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is so good to hear that your life is back on track. Keeping busy is key with getting over this illness sometimes. The anxiety can be overwhelming, so keeping our minds occupied can really help. I'm so glad that you are feeling better. It can take time, but you can see the improvement when you compare to how you were months or even weeks back.

Wishing you continued health and success with your business.

Posts: 12598
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:00 pm

Re: My story.

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:28 pm

Thx for posting to encourage others. Enjoy yourself ,Stay well.

Regular User
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:38 am

Re: My story.

Postby Ca5per03 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:20 pm

Thank you! Today I seemed to have picked up good poisoning from dinner last night. I hope it passes quick!
30, female
C-diff positive 10/19 tested negative 11/26

Return to “Success Stories”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests