My Mom

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Angela
New User

My Mom

Postby Angela » Tue May 02, 2006 3:35 pm

I'm really glad you opened up this subject on Success Stories...we should definitely spread the great news on overcoming this horrible disease! Which brings me to my Mom...

After an absolute nightmare and comedy of horrors, I am so very proud to say that my Mom is doing wonderful! (Yes, as I state this fact, I am crossing all my fingers and toes!!) Back in September when all the doctors involved were threatening a full colectomy due to the damage done to her colon from this wicked infection, we began to administer Floristor. Nearly 9 months later, she is on an absolute upswing. Yes, she is still in a re-hab home on very aggressive therapy, but is progressing wonderfully and will be coming home very soon! May 9th will be one year that she has been away...

All this would not be possible without of course, prayer. My Mother's stamina and will to live/fight played a significant role, as well. But, I cannot thank this forum enough ~ with Bobbie's kind advice and helpful knowledge and all of you that have contributed to these forums. I would never have been able to speak to Dr. Kelly Karpa who introduced me to the road that eventually saved my Mom's life. I thank you all from the very bottom of my heart.

Hang in there! God knows I lost faith and hope and am ashamed to say, gave up at times, but I just became more diligent and adamant that we must beat this! Again, I am crossing my fingers/toes! C-Diff is a nasty bug that needs to be put under control - that is where I stand today! I am ready to scream it off any rooftop! SANITIZE - SAVE LIVES!!!!!!

Thank you all again. Hope it brings a smile to your face to know that you were an important part in saving a special someone's life - my Mom's.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue May 02, 2006 9:50 pm

Angela,
What a beautiful thank you. We are glad your mother is doing so well. That's why the site is here -- to share knowledge about a still little known disease.

Please educate others about C. diff. and be pro-active. Contact your reps. in congress about making it a mandated reported disease and tell people in the media your mother's story.

We will keep our fingers crossed for your mother, too. She is fortunate to have an advocate like you.

Angela
New User

Postby Angela » Wed May 03, 2006 9:48 am

That's what they tell me....my response?? She's my Mother. I'm not doing anything differently than any other son/daughter would do with a caring heart! Thank you!
Angela

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed May 03, 2006 11:50 am

Keep us posted on her recovery.

Return to “Success Stories”