7 years C-diff free

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
gibbygirl
New User

7 years C-diff free

Postby gibbygirl » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:26 pm

I was going through old logins on my web browser and rediscovered this support group. I originally posted here about 7 years ago when I was first dealing with c-diff. I don't know if you remember me as it was years ago. I didn't know then how much it would change my life. I'm going to be turning 30 in a few days and it feels surreal that this has been my story. I'm not a super healthy person, but I am doing pretty well considering everything I've had to deal with health wise in my life. The c-diff has definitely made me who I am and I'm able to say I'm grateful I got through it. I have unique coping mechanisms from all the crap and an intense dislike and fear of hospitals/drs. But I have also learned to trust my "gut" and intuition. If something feels wrong I know to listen and rest and be careful of what I eat. I do still deal with IBS occasionally, still can't eat dairy, gluten or almonds. But I have gained weight and even could stand to lose a few pounds, NEVER thought I would say that lol.

My message is short, C-diff does end. You will feel hopeful and happy and ENJOY LIFE again. Don't give up, get back up and keep fighting. The things that helped me may not help you, but I found diet changes, observing my body's reactions to foods etc to be a game changer. Probiotics, enzymes like interfase plus to break down the biofilms protecting the c-diff spores and natural killers like GSE, garlic and oreganol and recently I discovered a kefir that uses cashew milk! So I've been enjoying that. I also have found that not sleeping and anxiety/stress are huge triggers for my gut. So I keep on top of managing my stress. I keep a journal and I practice conscious breathing. I also have a strong faith in God. Prayer has helped tremendously to keep me strong and sane. Also, not sure if anyone has ever heard of it but Dr. Royal Rife's machine. Its pretty cool and I don't know too much about it, my mom bought one and I've had the opportunity to use it a few times.

Since a fall down the stairs, I've had new health hurdles to cross. Including chronic neck and shoulder pain from whiplash and a compressed spine. But the initial trial of the c-diff has given me training to deal with almost ANYTHING lol.

Anyways I just wanted to check in and tell my story 7 years post c-diff. My anniversary was in October. Thank you all so much for all the support and information that has helped me through more times than I can count. You kept me sane during terrible anxieties and nights of tears and hopelessness. I just hope my story can help some of you find a little hope. Or some new information you may not have heard of before that could help.

God Bless, Adrienne

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: 7 years C-diff free

Postby georgina » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:21 am

Thank you for posting this Adrienne , it will give hope to others that are suffering. Glad you are well!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:43 pm

It’s never too late to post your success story. Others gain encouragement.
Sorry about your troubles but happy for your courage and your c diff recovery.

Rita

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:01 am

Glad u are doing well, and thx for posting.

Return to “Success Stories”