11 weeks since last day of Dificid

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
kristi11
New User

11 weeks since last day of Dificid

Postby kristi11 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:59 am

I started with C Diff in the first week of June. I was treated with Flagyl and it came back and then I got Vanco and it came back again so I got Dificid and now it's been 11 weeks since my last day of Dificid. My relapses were both one to two weeks after last day of meds so I'm confident it's gone and it's the Dificid that killed it. After the Flagyl and Vanco I was better as far as massive diarrhea but still didn't feel right. I'd have a day here and there that felt good and then I'd be standing in line at the store and that wave of "ick" would creep in and I'd worry I was not "well" and then the C Diff would return. So awful!!!! After the Vanco I developed severe PI-IBS so I felt pretty terrible even though I didn't have the intensity of active C Diff. I had been taking tons of Florastor and even the probiotics that are $30 a week and nothing was easing the IBS. I ended up going on a diet of plain chicken, ground turkey, lean ground beef, rice noodles, sweet potatoes and small amounts of organic grass fed butter and salt. That did help and then I started the VSL-3 and I swear it was a miracle for me! The IBS got significantly better within 2 days of taking that. I am still on it and the Florastor and back to a fairly normal diet. Raw veggies, especially lots of lettuce are still tough and I'm avoiding spicy and acidic foods. I'd say the IBS is 70% better and I'm not in a panic. I wish I would have started the VSL immediately because maybe it would have helped my gut get through the meds and the the C Diff, so that is my story and I hope it can help someone improve faster!

momo123
Regular User

Re: 11 weeks since last day of Dificid

Postby momo123 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Great to hear ... i took the same thing in the same row!! And July 11 was my last pill !! I also take VSL and swear by it and i can tell if i don’t take it my IBS or my tummy Dosent fell great .. thanks for sharing

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:38 am

It seems that you are doing well . Good to hear that you found something that works for you . I had discomfort from most probiotics i have tried but fortunately last year i discovered the Megasporebiotics and, not only was the only probiotic that i could tolerate , but it improved my digestion.
Wishing you continuous improvement!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:22 am

Glad to hear you are doing well momo123, but this thread is from 2017, so the original poster probably is long gone and not posting anymore.

Return to “Success Stories”