3 years post c-diff

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Danw
Contributor

3 years post c-diff

Postby Danw » Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:13 pm

I thought i would drop by and thank everyone again for all the support you guys give on the c-diff discussion. Been roughly 3.5 years give or take since i had it. I did learn that my stomach is nowhere near the same, sure i can eat just about anything i want to but the odd thing is, I can eat say pizza or a gyros Etc. 1 day then the next time just wrecks my stomach lol. I barely ever drink maybe 3 times a year, i found out last year that beer did not agree with me, only tried that once so i guess that's not a definite. Im able to drink mixed drinks with 0 problems, beer might have not agreed with me because of what i ate or just don't agree with me anymore, who knows...

Anyhow, i just wanted to come here and say you can beat it but for some like me, took almost a year to beat it, but it can be beat. What works for some, don't always work for other's. If you are curious what finally cleared it up for me was the taper of the vanco. The first 30 days after you are completely off is the most worrisome, i swear. I think after 90 days of no flare ups, it is almost a guarantee it's gone.

Just wanted to wish everyone still battling this horrible monster the best of luck and know their is light at the end of the tunnel. Like i stated before, my stomach is still not like it use to be, i have some ibs issues that's for sure, sometimes i might eat to much grease for a couple days and i swear its like i relapsed or something but i know the feeling and odor so well to know it's just my stomach having some ibs issues.

To all the mods and long time supporters: Thank you all so much, you guys are a blessing to have and makes it easier to deal with knowing you all have dealt with it sometime in your life. Love you all! You guys are the best! Keep up the helping of other's. Take care.

Dan

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: 3 years post c-diff

Postby beth22 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:51 am

Thanks so much for posting, Dan. It gives others hope that they too, will see the light at the end of the tunnel. I'm glad that you are doing well and hope that as time goes by, your IBS issues will fade as well.

Return to “Success Stories”