TODDLER GOT NEGATIVE PCR ON HIS OWN AFTER A YEAR

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
denizz
Regular User

TODDLER GOT NEGATIVE PCR ON HIS OWN AFTER A YEAR

Postby denizz » Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:30 am

hi everyone ..this post gonna be full of gramer mistakes i am sorry but i ll try my best
my son got bactrial infection back at april 4 th 2016 ..pedi prescribed Suprax due to high level leucocytes in a stool test and 5 th day on suprax he had little pain and mucous than when 10 day suprax was over 11 th day he got weird poop with mucous and tiny spot of blood ..pedi tought it is a parasite that tests not showing put him on flagly next day and he was fine on flagly no mucous nothing and ( by cahnce we treated his mild csiff with flagly but we didnt know back than it was a very mild cdiff and could heal on his own simply by waiting .). ..after 3 days flagly finishes babysitter passed norovirus to him ..he was ok i mean vomit and D and a little fever ..i was like ok he is about to get well but on 5 th day of his norovirus infection '" boom"" mucous blood and very weird poop than i immediatly ran to ped gi long story short he had colitis that week but we dont know why ? may be cdiff relapse may be allergic colitis may be postgastroenteritis 3 well known ped gi couldnt agree on anything and he had colonoscopy after that week and nothing but sm allergic reaction showed on pathology report and what makes story interesting is 1 day before colonoscopy we had that pcr testing and it came positive for cdiff but we didnt know that till he had colonoscopy ...and he healed after colonoscopy ..no med nothing he just got well ..his ped gi sum it up that way he had infection ..suprax gave him cdiff very mild... flagly healed him ..than norovirus harmed the already harmed intestines and thaT caused sm allergic colitis and than he healed on his own (we followed a strict diet after that for allergy)he was 2 years and 6 months old when all that happened ...and i had him tested 3 months after infection he was still.pcr positive for cdiff ..i was super worried to see him still.positive on pcr for cdiff ..same machine same lab same way carrying the stool ..he was an asympyomatic carrier ...anyway after almost a year and 2 months i had him tested on same pcr machine and he is negative ... i was always reading that infants and toddler might carry cdiff and they get rid of it on their own as they grow up ..but wondering if it was gonna happen and i guess today is the day i found out it is..So all the mums out there your kids may grow out of it ..pediatric cdi is differwnt than adults ...i am so happy and wishing everyone suffering on here get well soon ..cdiff has taken alot frim me ..i am an ocd now cs i was thinking my son had it and will carry it forever but i guess he wont ...Thanks for reading ..deniz

Return to “Success Stories”