Ground flaxseed

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Acres
Regular Contributor

Ground flaxseed

Postby Acres » Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Hi,
I started eating fresh ground flaxseed (keep in frig afterwards) and I believe it was the last missing piece of my recovery puzzle....
Apparently it helps gut flora flourish....
After 18 months, pain gone, pain gone !!!!!!!!!!!!! Worth saying twice....
Eating almost everything, even spicy salsa, drinking beer, eat TONS of broccoli, tomato sauce again and the next day I am fine...
Only heavy dairy, some leafy veggies and junk food (donuts etc...) will give me an issue. But now the issue lasts one day, then I am good again...I can live w/o donuts, no problem.....
Take 2 tablespoons of flaxseed every day (started with a small amount & increased slowly) with oatmeal or homemade almond butter....Also take dgl, papaya enzyme, 1/2 vsl3 everyday. If I feel any discomfort I will take one ibgard in the morning for several days....Drink 2 cups of strong fresh cut ginger tea everyday as well.....

Also, I do not allow doctors to prescribe antibiotics for me like they our candy anymore...I've stopped a dermatologist, a dentist, my primary and my GI....And we recovered from each issue w/o the pills....
Feeling good,
Scott

christyn
Regular User

Re: Ground flaxseed

Postby christyn » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:53 pm

I am so glad that you found something that helps. How long did you take the flaxseed before you started seeing positive results? I am thinking I may talk to my nutritionist and try it. I am 1 month without symptoms but still testing positive. My diet is still very limited so I am willing to try just about anything so I can travel and eat out with my family again.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:09 am

Thanks for posting the information. I thought flaxseed was given for constipation. Did you get any D from it? Also, do you take the IBGard before eating or after meals?

Acres
Regular Contributor

Postby Acres » Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:42 am

Hi,
I take ibgard before meals....

I started taking home ground flaxseed to soften stools after getting an anal fissure. I was surprised when my gut started to feel consistently better...Went to Google and read some information claiming it helps to build gut flora....
I take 2 tablepsoons every day and have very regular bowel movments....If a misbehave and eat or drink something on a binge my discomfort lasts a day, then I am in good shape again (I don't really binge that much, but at first I was so excited I experimented with myself).

I started seeing results in a few days.....Started slow and built up to 2 tablespoons....

I am not saying this is a magic bullet, but I believe it helped in conjunction with a mild diet, stress reduction and just time as my gut continued to heal....

When I was 1 month out I ate homemade almond butter, jasmine rice, boiled chicken breast, bananas, apple sauce, lots of eggs, zucchini, chicken soup with celery and carrots, fresh cut ginger tea, chamomile tea and organic pita chips......

I also still take 1/2 vsl3 every day....

Scott

christyn
Regular User

Postby christyn » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:07 am

Thanks for the update. Glad it is helping you.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:24 pm

Congrats Scott and Acres.

Return to “Success Stories”