Post C. Diff - 5 months

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
ladybug
New User

Post C. Diff - 5 months

Postby ladybug » Thu May 18, 2017 8:17 am

Hi everyone,
I had c diff at Christmas time 2016. I am 32 years old, female and consider myself pretty healthy except for IBS. I always had trouble in the GI department but never took medicine. I was prescribed 10 days of Flagyl, 3 times a day. All I needed was 1 round and I was cured. While was sick I read this board and never posted. I felt bad that I never did but I decided to finally do so. I just wanted to thank everyone who created this board, shared all this information and shared their experience/information about this horrible disease. Because of this group, I knew what to use to kill the spores and what probiotics to take. Thank you so much to all of you. I am still paranoid whenever I have a bowel movement but I tell myself you would know if you had it again and it mostly unlikely. I never reported it, is it too late to report?

One thing, my dad had a round of antibiotics for an infection. He had some bowel issues. He went to U of M yesterday, doctor thinks its a stomach bug but he is getting tested for c.diff. I told him about my experience and the symptoms of it and it doesn't sound like he does. I am surprised that a U of M doctor told him that C.diff is no big deal and that it is treatable. I know it is treatable but if you never had it, you wouldn't know what its like. When I was sick I was using only one bathroom which is the main bathroom. We have a main bathroom and a master bathroom, he has been using both. Maybe I am just being too paranoid. I know people on here can understand more than he can.
Last edited by ladybug on Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Post C. Diff - 5 months

Postby Lisa33 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 am

Welcome to the site and thank you for posting your story. As far as your dad, sometimes antibiotics can cause GI upset without the presence of a c-diff infection, so hopefully it's just that.

I am so glad that you posted how you were cured after just one round of Flagyl. You are actually in the majority, but unfortunately on sites like this, the stories tend to be about the more complicated cases. Your story gives hope to the new sufferers on here who are on their first round of meds. I'm so glad that you are doing well. Unfortunately, c-diff can leave us with anxiety and paranoia for a while. But, it sounds like you are doing great!

Lisa

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu May 18, 2017 10:18 am

Antibiotics do not cure a cold!
Drs that prescribe antibiotics for a cold should be made to retake their exams.

ladybug
New User

Postby ladybug » Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am

I should of not said cold, my apologies. I think he thought it was a cold but must of been an infection. I edited my post. You sure are right Roy, doctors prescribe antibiotics way too much.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri May 19, 2017 12:48 am

Go ahead and report your case of c diff. It might not be too late.

Thx for posting your story and giving hope to others.

Glad the site was helpful

ladybug
New User

Postby ladybug » Fri May 19, 2017 9:26 am

Thanks Bobbie, will do. Your welcome.

Aimee

Return to “Success Stories”