FIVE years, can't believe it.

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
arose
Regular Contributor

FIVE years, can't believe it.

Postby arose » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:17 pm

Hello all!

I hope some of you remember me. It brings a little joy to see some of your usernames pop up as you were such big parts of my life back then. I was 19 when I was diagnosed with c.diff - I'm now 25. After a couple years of struggle, sick at college, I finally kicked c.diff's butt (pun intended) though it wasn't without some lasting aches and pains! I still get bizarre muscular pains and shooting pains that remain undiagnosed - particularly pains in my right breast and down my right arm (odd!). Sometimes, I have various GI problems but they usually pass. I got married in December! This board helped me SO much during days when I was took sick to go to school, be with friends, or even stay calm. My anxiety was out of control and having this support was integral to my healing. I hope I can pay it forward a little bit by popping in here and there with my own insight. If you're young and have been recently diagnosed, feel free to PM me - I'm happy to help/talk! For the most part, I am considered recovered and to celebrate five years, I decided to come say hi and show my face around here. :)

Tsc1964
Regular Contributor

Re: FIVE years, can't believe it.

Postby Tsc1964 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:06 pm

Congratulations an thanks for sharing hope. Im almost 4 weeks out of fmt very much struggling with weakness leg aches. There is a few young poeple that recently joined i know your post will encourage!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:26 am

I remember you and thank you for coming back and sharing your experience. I hope you were able to complete your studies despite the c difficile. Congratulations on your marriage. We had another poster about your age that was cured of both her c difficile and Crohn's and also got married. Wishing you continued good health and all the best in your newly married life.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:34 am

Hi arose - Congratulations on your 5 years c-diff free and on your marriage! Thanks so much for sharing your success. There are a lot of new young members on the board, and this can bring them some hope and positive energy. Wishing you continued health!

Lisa

AnxiousJ
Regular Contributor

Postby AnxiousJ » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:16 pm

This is wonderful news! So glad you are well and doing great! Congratulations! I am 1 yr free now and I hope I continue to stay that way. Congrats on your marriage as well!

arose
Regular Contributor

Postby arose » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:54 pm

Thanks everyone! And congrats on your one year free AnxiousJ! There's hope after c.diff, for sure!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:17 am

Arose,
Remember you well. Thx so much for posting to encourage others.

Many of us have strange symptoms after c diff. If they continue to bother you, see your doc. GI symptoms are common, however.

Thx again for posting and every good wish. Congrats on your marriage.

Return to “Success Stories”