It's been 9 months

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
sarah91
Brand New Poster

It's been 9 months

Postby sarah91 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:47 am

Just wanted to let everyone suffering it gets better. Just make sure you let it. Back in July of 2016, I was diagnosed with cdiff WHILE I was pregnant with my son. I also had an almost 3 year old son whom also got it. We both are well now. He took flagyl and I took vanco and that has been the end of it. I know it's hard, people don't always understand because it's just bowl problems... Everyone has them right? For some reason it messes with so many of us psychologically, as much of not more in some instances than physically. My biggest struggle was the psychological part. I felt so dirty, everything I saw was cdiff infested to me. The only time for a while I found solice was when I left my home for a drive. Force yourself to go for a hour drive whenever you are starting to go a little crazy. Repeat "I will be okay" over and over. Eventually, let yourself be okay. I'm writing this 9 months later, I am on vacation at a beach with my son and my baby whom is now 5 months and awesome. I had bad months, then weeks, then days, now I have just bad moments where I let my mind go to dark places filled with cdiff. My advice stay off the internet of you are anxiety filled. That was when I started to heal. I posted my story on here at that time, but left the community to heal, I knew all I needed to know. I pray everyone finds what works best for them because I promise, if you let it, life gets easier and easier with time.

Benh
Contributor

Re: It's been 9 months

Postby Benh » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:05 am

That is great news for your and your family! Thank you for posting this...it does help those of us that are still working through this.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:06 pm

Thank you so much for your post. That is great that you are all doing well. Posts like this give so many others hope on this board. Wishing you all the best.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Congrats. Thx for sharing to support others. Enjoy your good health.

Emerald
New User

Postby Emerald » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Thank you so much for your post! I've been post FMT for 6.5 wks now after getting CD for 5 months, which put off family planning for us. So glad to hear of your success--it gives me hope as I continue to recover emotionally and physically and hopefully get to try for my own family soon! Blessings and good health to you and your whole family!

kmr92
New User

Postby kmr92 » Tue May 16, 2017 11:58 pm

Congrats on your recovery! I am 6.5 weeks post vanco treatment and this gives me hope that I will get my sanity back someday.

Return to “Success Stories”