It's been a YEAR!!!!!!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
kelseym
Regular User

It's been a YEAR!!!!!!

Postby kelseym » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:01 pm

It's been a little over 1 year since I ended my Vanco taper. Still C diff free! I have been though other battles with Interstitial Cysytitis, yeast infections, IBS, surgery and UTI's. I can say I didn't relapse from IV Vanco (surgery) Macrobid or Doxycycline - although I did a crazy probiotic schedule along with it.
C diff has brought other challenges into my life but I'm happy to say I have most of them under control most of the time and that I still am "healthy".

If anyone wants to know what I do with probiotics when I have to take abx I'd be glad to share. If anyone ended up with post Vanco irritated bladder or "IC", I'd be happy to share how I found relief from that as well.

Thank God for this site, the people on here have helped so much - through some of my darkest moments that no one else I know understands because they haven't had this nasty crap - twice.

It's gets better, and they are getting closer to treating this crap better too! :)

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: It's been a YEAR!!!!!!

Postby NanciT » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:25 pm

Hello Kelsey!!
Great to have the update, thank you for posting!! I can hardly believe it's been a year!

Good to hear from you, stay well!
NanciT

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:44 am

This is so great to read, Kelsey! Thank you for the post! I'm so glad you are doing well!

Lisa

Benh
Contributor

Postby Benh » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:55 am

Great to hear! Congrats and I may take you up on your sharing offer but will wait until I am in the clear too...still on my vanco taper.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Congrats Kelsey. It's good to hear that you are doing so well.

Rita

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:30 pm

Wonderful! Congratulations!

christyn
Regular User

Postby christyn » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:38 am

Hello Kelsey,

I would be very interested in knowing what probiotics you have done and what you did to get relief from irritated bladder. This is my first c-diff diagnosis and hope that I am on the mend. However, I recently feel the need to pee more often and wondered if it was increased water intake or medicine (Vancomycin). I have no pain, just frequency.

Thanks, Christy

Return to “Success Stories”