12 weeks CDIFF FREE!!!!!

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
tanya12
Contributor

12 weeks CDIFF FREE!!!!!

Postby tanya12 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 12:57 pm

Well here I am.. I promised myself that I would wait until the 12 week mark to post my success and HERE I AM!!
I was diagnosed with CDIFF on November 30th after a round of Clindamycin (which I never even finsished) I went undiagnosed for two weeks as I had started the clindamycin on NOV14th and the D started 4 days later. Mind you it was more of a nuisance.. I felt fine , was working, eating and drinking what I wanted etc. It was the morning bathroom runs, usually 3, and I never had the watery D. After several trips to ER and two negative Cdiff tests, the third test was positive for antigen, negative for toxins, but , I was treated with 10 days of Flagyl. My D stopped almost immediately. I was off the Flagyl 10 days and ate a heavy meal, had some issues and ran to the ER in a panic and then I tested positive for toxins and antigens and was put on 10 days of Vanco.. Again D stopped almost immediately, and now I believe I never had a recurrence, probably post IBS but, I was clueless about the testing too soon, the 3 day rule etc.
Then I found this wonderful group who answered my questions, calmed my fears and even told me when I was being foolish for eating the wrong things so soon. I am so very very grateful to all of you. This was more mentally taxing than anything else.. I believe I was fortunate and had a milder case but still the fear it brought and the anxiety it brought was worse then the CDIFF.
I am happy to say I am 12 weeks since my last Vanco and things seem back to normal in every aspect. My appetite is through the roof which has result in me gaining 7 of the 20 pounds I lost back , but, hey I am not sweating it. I am able to eat, drink, etc without any issues.. Yes I still look in the toilet but never worry anymore.
I truly hope I can give back to those who are newly diagnosed. I hope I can offer advice, ease fears ,etc. I am not sure how I would have gotten through this without each and every one of you.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel, it may take longer for some to get there, but , I am living proof it is there.
Thank you everyone again!!! Hip Hip Hoorah!!!!!!

Benh
Contributor

Re: 12 weeks CDIFF FREE!!!!!

Postby Benh » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:40 pm

Great news! It is really nice to see these posts. Thank you for sharing. I am heading into the last few weeks of my vancomycin taper and hope to post here soon thereafter.

amg
Regular Contributor

Re: 12 weeks CDIFF FREE!!!!!

Postby amg » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:22 pm

Whoo hooooo!!!

So happy to read this.

Return to “Success Stories”