4 mo out, hungrier than ever

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Aurora88
Regular User

4 mo out, hungrier than ever

Postby Aurora88 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:12 pm

Hey everyone!
So I think it's safe to post here, a little more than 4 months after my encounter with C. Diff in October into November.
Considering the fact that I had cake on my birthday (beginning of feb) and was okay, and this week consumed THREE pieces of cheesy greasy pizza without upset, I think this nightmare is just about past me. To reflect, it was long and hard and still I'm technically not 100% out of it- I had on round of flagyl, recovered for two weeks and then was hit by post infectious IBS for a few months that formed as lower rectal pain/pressure and lots of M anytime I ate anything that was sugary, oily, fatty, or dairy, but now it's been weeks since I last experienced it! The only thing I am left dealing with is that last IBS set of symptoms caused some rectal fissures with intense itching (moreso than pain, really) but my GI doc and I are on it and once it eventually heals (it's been a little over a month of it, it takes time), I'll be 100% myself, maybe even a little better off. I eat healthier now, I gained pretty much all my weight back, and I'm now very, VERY hungry. I go a little more often than I did pre- C. Diff but it's a normal range and perhaps a little healthier for me (1-2x a day now). Probiotics did their job, I only take them now if I have any sort of "off day". I guess I'm a good example of a one round cure.

Again, I am very thankful for this group as you guys really helped me through the scariest times, and I know that if I ever need it again in the future, you guys are still here. To those still suffering or to those who just found out they have C. Diff, I send you positive vibes and thoughts and wish you a full recovery. It's a long, hard road, but eventually you will get past it, as many others on this forum have stated.
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

Benh
Contributor

Re: 4 mo out, hungrier than ever

Postby Benh » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:28 am

That is great to hear and gives us who are still going through this some hope, thank you for sharing and I wish you continued success in all aspects of life!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:12 am

Thanks for sharing Aurora88! I'm so glad you are feeling better. It's great to hear positive stories like this!

Healed
Regular User

Postby Healed » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:10 am

Hello Aurora88~
My Body has a tendency to wake up at 3am in the morning to answer nature's call. And since I am up, I read some of the postings. As I look at the date of your posting, ironically, that is the same date and around the same time I was confirmed with cdiff at the hospital ER. And it has been an uphill battle. I am currently in recovery and I won't lie to you, PI- IBS is very stressful. I am so badly trying to get my weight gain back on...

I am so glad that you have fully recovered. Continue to do well and please keep us posted.

OCmama
Regular Contributor

Postby OCmama » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:51 pm

Aurora88,

Congratulations!!! I am so happy you are able to post your success!!

Rectal fissures are a pain, I'm still dealing with that part of the healing process 6 months out from my C. diff infection (I see a rectal surgeon for it, he says it can just take a really long time to heal.)

Congratulations again!

Return to “Success Stories”