Approximately 2 Months C. diff Free

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Musings
Regular Contributor

Approximately 2 Months C. diff Free

Postby Musings » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 am

I was diagnosed originally in October 2016 after two rounds of antibiotics related to a rare skin reaction. Sadly, by the time I was tested think my body was fighting it naturally but did not know much so agreed to a course of flagyl prescribed by my PCP. Saw no improvement on flagyl and 5 days later relapsed and put on a 10 day course of vanco.

Now, I believe the vanco cured me but had PI-IBS and due to a "positive" test around 3 weeks later agreed to go on Dificid per my GI's recommendation. This only set my PI-IBS back further but it has been about a 1 1/2 months since finishing Dificid and have more good days than bad as long as I am strict with my diet.

While PI-IBS can be stressful, and downright nasty sometimes, do encourage people to try and stick to the 3+ WD for 3+ day rule and resist over treating. It is a long road but this forum is a great resource with supportive admins who I trust to tell it like it is which we sometimes need.

Am currently still on a mostly bland diet (adding foods slowly), taking Align and Florastar daily, and on an anti-anxiety medication to help keep anxiety levels manageable. Plan to continue this as long as needed and hope to return to "normal" sometime this year but if not, at least I am c. diff free.

~Lauren

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Approximately 2 Months C. diff Free

Postby Bobbie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Glad you are doing better. Keep it up!

Return to “Success Stories”