I think it is time to claim success

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
tonia
Regular Contributor

I think it is time to claim success

Postby tonia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:29 am

Hello.
I am not sure exactly when my fight with c diff started. I had symptoms for a very very long time before I was ever tested. January 2015 is when I was officially diagnosed. After rounds and rounds of flagyl, vanco and dificid, in August 2015, I had my first FMT. Unfortunately, it came back again. October 8th, 2015, I had a second one. It has now been a year. I have not posted here until now, because I am one that has been left with chronic D. No where near as bad as c diff, but I could not bring myself to believe it was gone because of this. I just received the results from my latest test, and it was negative. After a year of testing negative, I finally acknowledge that the beast itself is gone and I am just dealing with the fallout. Physically I am much better. I have gained my weight back from 93lbs to 135lbs. Mentally and emotionally, I do still struggle everyday. This has been such a traumatic experience and one I hope and pray I will never have to go through again. I seemed to be a very hard case, but have made it through. It is time to now rebuild my life. If you are reading this, and just starting your journey with c diff. Please do not give up. Read and learn. Talk to people on this board so you have support. The only people that can truly understand, are those that have been through it. If you feel your dr is not getting the job done, tell them, or switch drs. You are your own best advocate. Most of all, keep in your mind that you WILL get better. It can be such a long difficult road, but please trust me, you and your body are much stronger than you might think right now.

I finally believe I am a SUCCESS STORY!! It is gone from my body and I am so relieved!! Thank you so much to those of you that helped me through!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: I think it is time to claim success

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:22 am

This is such a great post to read, Tonia. You have really had a hard time with this awful illness. I am so happy that you have come out the other end of this. I know you are still dealing with the post-c diff issues, but as you said, it's better than c-diff. Congratulations to you, and thank you so much for posting this and giving hope to others.

Lisa

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:04 pm

So HAPPY to read this Tonia!! Thanks for posting. You had a rough road and it's great when other's can read the there is light and the end of this dark tunnel...people DO get better, recover and move on with life.

Wishing you the best
NanciT

Davidtm
Regular Contributor

Postby Davidtm » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:49 pm

Thank you for posting. Really inspiring to read these success stories. Gives us hope that we can one day be cured! I've followed and read many of your posts and glad to hear you have had success!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:10 am

Tonia , you have no idea how happy I am to read your success story . Congratulation!!
Now I'm waiting for Susant success story. Can't wait to read that too , and maybe one day I'm going to write one myself.

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Postby Ashley20 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:16 am

Very happy to hear! God bless you Tonia, i wish you the best and hope you feel better everyday :) (((hugs)))

tonia
Regular Contributor

Postby tonia » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:31 pm

Thank you every one.

Georgina, I am waiting for the day where we will not need a success story section. A day when this has been either completely eradicated like other diseases. I hope and pray that you and Susan as well as everyone else fighting this over and over, get to put your story here.

Keep up the good fight!!

maxny1
Regular Contributor

Postby maxny1 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:54 pm

Thank you for this! And congratulations.

I am newly diagnosed, newly suffering, often feeling helpless with no light at the end of the tunnel, so this was a great post to read.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:42 pm

Congrats, Tonia. Know you had a long,hard fight. Celebrate!

Return to “Success Stories”