Thank You

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
Maddy
New User

Thank You

Postby Maddy » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:00 pm

Thank you to all of the people in this forum who have been so kind and supportive. Today marks a personal success for me. I went jogging on my old, and quite beautiful, route for the first time in many months.

I contracted cdiff after surgery and antibiotic (clindamycin) use in January of this year. I was sick for two and a half months. Metronidazole, vanco, and difficid had all failed even after multiple rounds with lots of probiotics used as well. In March I had an FMT and that seems to have worked. I had some post infectious IBS for a while, but that is mostly gone now. Things are much better and I feel more like my old self.

I'm posting this not only to say thank you to this fantastic group, but also because reading the success stories here gave me hope when I really needed it.

Best of luck to all who are still battling this terrible disease.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Thank You

Postby georgina » Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:10 am

Maddy thank you for posting your success story , it gives hope to some of us that are still suffering with this beast. Wishing you countinuos improvement!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Thank You

Postby Bobbie » Sun Aug 28, 2016 2:32 am

So glad for you, Maddy.

Do be careful,about taking antibiotics again - some can;some can't.if you need one, make your doc "prove it" to,you - culture, Xray., etc.

Congrats on reclaiming your life and thx for posting - so encouraging to,others.

Return to “Success Stories”