2 Month Later

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
dmiller
Brand New Poster

2 Month Later

Postby dmiller » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:05 am

C-diff is probably one of the worst illnesses I have ever faced. It all started with salmonella in the beginning of May, 17 days of Cipro (which led to c-diff), followed by a nice round of ecoli. Getting my gut back to semi-normal has definitely been an uphill battle. I still have occasional upsets and nausea, but it has gotten much MUCH better. When I was struggling with c-diff in its worst stages I seriously wondered if I would ever feel well again. Staying on a strong probiotic, eating yogurt religiously and drinking kefir has done wonders to help get my body back on track. I just want to encourage everyone who is fighting this beast that you can do it! It takes time so try not to get discouraged. I think the worst part for me was when the doctors put me on Flagyl and did not want to change my prescription. That medication made me twice as ill. Finally after consulting my third doctor who I told I would die from C-diff before I took Flagyl one more day, he changed me to Vancomycin and it worked. Hang in there guys. Don't push yourself and take care of you the best you can. You are all daily in my thoughts and prayers!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: 2 Month Later

Postby NanciT » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:56 am

dmiller Hello and welcome to the site, please read the first thread for all new posters

Great news you are on the road to recovery with CDIFF behind you. We love these stories, they bring hope to everyone who is on this site and in this battle. So happy Vanco has worked for you, many have done very well with it.

Wishing you continued good health and thank you for posting!
NanciT

Return to “Success Stories”