NEGATIVE

We spend a lot of time talking about the bad news in this discussion group - here's the spot for the good news. If you've had c-diff and are now well, please tell us about it here.
ashtontw
Regular Contributor

NEGATIVE

Postby ashtontw » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:26 am

Alright y'all, I'm ready to make a happy post.

On Friday, I was experiencing symptoms that pointed towards relapse for me. I was terrified. I called my on call PCP yesterday and was advised to monitor for 24 hours and go to the ER if it got worse. Well, today was worse. I went to the ER and was scared to death of my test result.

Well, my test result was NEGATIVE! I guess the lab tech tried to refuse my sample for testing because it was mostly formed. When I told the nurse that my stool was mostly formed when I got diagnosed the first time, she went up to bat for me and got it done. I'll be calling to speak to her supervisor and thank them tomorrow.

They sent off for more tests to make sure it's not a different bacterial infection that is causing my symptoms, and will cal me if anything shows up. As of now, the ER doctor thinks I got a viral infection that has been going around. I have no issue riding that out, as long as it's not C Diff.

I truly was not expecting a negative test result. I thought I was gonna have to go through it all again. I am so thankful right now. And I'm thankful for everyone here that helped me through. Here's to keeping C Diff at bay after a negative test result. Here's to healing. And here's to being supportive of one another and staying afloat.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: NEGATIVE

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:35 am

Thanks for the happy post! We need more of them! You must be so relieved to get that negative test result!

Return to “Success Stories”